Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:39:07 AM

Author Topic: hopefully getting this worked out  (Read 18744 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: hopefully getting this worked out
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2011, 10:54:12 AM »
Dave has a valid point here.
I think the whole matter should now be referred to the license department for their decision.
Brad, I think you should contact  license@machsupport.com

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2011, 10:55:04 AM »
I think personally, if this is all legit, then you and Doug should be contacting them about this so you can get it worked out. This way there is no gray area and everyone knows where you sit with licensing.

This way you'll get the help you need here, without anyone questioning it.

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2011, 11:49:24 AM »
To me it is just a shame you continued to use the pirated version after being informed about it and advised to use the demo mode, all of this could have been avoided :(
All water under the bridge now I suppose, still its a bit murky but possibly with time it will get clearer.
Hood

brmachineshop

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2011, 11:58:42 AM »
I completely trust you hood that the second xml was still the pirated one. I can only say that it said demo on my screen instead of the papa fabio license. I do hope with time to rebuild the initial trust and I would like to continue to be active here and try to help anyone if I think its something I can help with.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2011, 12:09:02 PM »
You never actually attached a second xml with a papa fabio licence;) What you did though was take a very long time to post the new xml and say "i noticed it was still on the wrong version."
So a new chapter hopefully.
Hood

brmachineshop

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2011, 12:10:48 PM »
Thank You Hood
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2011, 01:04:40 PM »
Every license holder has a right to comment on the misuse of licenses, whether they have a direct link to the thread or not.

Mach3 is exceptionally cheap for what you get, and the support that this forum gives is priceless.

As far as "not being happy with paying $150 at this time for the license" is frankly ridiculous.

You want help, pay for your own personal license, and the last thing you should do is give some attitude when your challenged about it.

This is a pretty close community, and we all try to help as much as we can. If you expect to sit in this community then you have a great amount of back peddling to do.
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2011, 01:18:18 PM »
Brad made no attempt to hide the fact that he acquired a router that was later found to have a pirate copy.  One may conservatively estimate that more than half the users of mach possess illegal copies so this is not surprising.

It should also come as no surprise that many of the problems encounters with mach over the years have been from illegal copies of Autocad (Mastercam, Solid Works, pick your favorite and insert here) causing unwanted interrupts.  I wonder how many on this thread actually bought $16K CAM software to run their $150 CNC.

I will contact Art or Brian this afternoon so that we may put this all behind us.  For now, give Brad the benefit of the doubt.  I know Brad well enough to vouch for his integrity.

Doug

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2011, 01:23:00 PM »

I will contact Art or Brian this afternoon so that we may put this all behind us.  For now, give Brad the benefit of the doubt.  I know Brad well enough to vouch for his integrity.

Doug

Excellent, Doug, this is what I was getting at, as I'm sure this will put it all to rest  ;)

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2011, 02:39:20 AM »
I wonder how many on this thread actually bought $16K CAM software to run their $150 CNC.

Strange thing to say Doug.

Tweakie.
PEACE