Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:02:31 AM

Author Topic: hopefully getting this worked out  (Read 18742 times)

brmachineshop

Re: hopefully getting this worked out
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2011, 08:18:20 PM »
It has been pointed out. That's why I will be purchasing a license in two weeks

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2011, 08:36:08 PM »
yOu are going to find out the hard way that everyone on here helping has their speciality areas. That is what makes it so great. But I can tell from your sad oh poor me story that you are going to need all the help you can get. But I can garrantee that WHEN and I did not say IF you move into my area and need help. It ain't gonna happen skippy.

I hear your kinds sad song day after day. As if the world OWES you something.  DO like the rest of us did get off your duff, DO the research needed and learn what you need to learn to make your machine work.  There is a whole world of infomation out there just for the effort to go retreave it.

But that is just my story, Others can make their own choice in the matter.

(;-) TP

brmachineshop

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2011, 09:01:30 PM »
And what exactly is your area of expertise? I don't see why you started taking shots at me in the first place. I'm not giving u a sad story, telling the way I came across these issues has been merely for explanation. I already said I am getting a license in 2 weeks and wasn't going to ask for help until I get that xml. I don't recall you helping me get to where I am and that's why its confusing to me that you would tell me how u couldn't justify offering help now. As far as getting off my duff, I have learned how to install my hardware, complete the wiring, and get the servos tuned and setting to this point. I have read and cross referenced many forms of info along the way and hood and rich have filled in blanks along the way with mach3. That's in about two months. I am reading info on kernel speeds and G93 calculations now. I feel that my problem is a voltage issue. I will likely get it ironed out. Would I willingly be intending to give up the free full licenses to buy one if I was just looking for a free ride or lazy? So what is your expertise sir?  I have nor have had intentions on being rude to you or anyone here, just don't see why u offered negative feedback to an already frustrating situation.
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2011, 09:21:45 AM »
A few months ago I sold Brad a box of hardware for his machine.  At that time I promised to throw in a license for Mach for the agreed price.  Unfortunately, I forgot to mail him the license key.  Brad apparently felt it would be inappropriate to remind me of my promise.

I saw a post from Brad on another forum last week wherein he mentioned not having a legitimate license.  I promptly sent him the key and apologized for my oversight.

Assuming you have read beyond the part about transferring the license, let me explain.  I purchased three licenses many years ago from Art with what I thought was a clear understanding that I intended to transfer them to customers of machines I built.

I do not recall any mention of non-transferability of licenses, nor can I imagine Art deliberately selling me three licenses that I would not be able to transfer.  Perhaps the license terms have changed.  That does not change the terms under which I purchase my copies.

It should be noted that claims of non-transferability in software licensing have repeatedly been shown invalid, most notably in the Adobe vs Softman case of 2001.  I would hope remarks to the contrary within this forum, as well as claims within the Mach license agreement, are based on misunderstanding and not blatant disregard for this fact.

Please give Brad the benefit of your knowledge and help.  He has done nothing wrong.

Doug

brmachineshop

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2011, 09:44:36 AM »
Thank You Doug. 

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2011, 09:53:23 AM »
Doug, and Brad, have both of you contacted Art about this and actually tried to transfer the license?

Actually I don't think Art is really involved in that anymore but have you tried to contact someone who might, such as  license@machsupport.com ?

Hope that helps-
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2011, 10:32:08 AM »
Thanks for your post Doug, sadly this throws up another question for me though, where did the Papa Fabio licence come from?
Hood

brmachineshop

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2011, 10:38:57 AM »
That is the one that was on the pc that I received with the small router.

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2011, 10:48:19 AM »
Brad, did you see my question for you just above Hoods?

Reply #25 on: September 25, 2011, 08:53:23 AM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

brmachineshop

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2011, 10:51:17 AM »
Yes I saw it.  I have not tried to contact anyone concerning the license agreement. I have been going by what has been said on these forums.