Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:19:06 AM

Author Topic: Config Fonts Doesn't Appear to Work  (Read 18709 times)

Hood

Re: Config Fonts Doesn't Appear to Work
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2006, 07:33:39 PM »
OK changing the fonts the way you are doing it does screw everything up in Mach. Try putting them back to normal size then on the appearance tab change them to large or extra large and see if its OK.
Hood

Offline SimonD

•  143 143
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2006, 05:35:35 AM »
If I set the fonts like you suggest then yes it does make Mach3 fonts look ok. However the reason for changing them in the Windows Global Settings is that it is then Global, it changes the size of ALL windows fonts, not just the select few which obey the Windows Theme Sizes.
With the fonts set to Large or Extra Large as you suggest it does not affect all fonts and so some text is still too small.

IMHO Mach3 should be calculating the actual size of the selected font, not just assuming the font is of a known size and adjusting the box size accordingly OR Allow you to select a font size which will actually fit in the fixed size boxes!

Hood

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2006, 12:21:09 PM »
I wont comment further or I might say somthing I regret ;)
Hood

Offline SimonD

•  143 143
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2006, 01:17:54 PM »
I take it you don't think this is a bug then ???

Bugs are inevitable in Software development. However, I do find it hard to believe that nobody has asked why the Mach3 Font Selection Dialog allows you to select a Font size but then ignores it completely.

Hood

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2006, 01:19:32 PM »
I may be able to respond properly later.
Hood

Hood

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2006, 06:27:01 PM »
Ok now I am no longer talking as a part of the Mach forum except from being a member like you heres what I think.
The software is $160, you get one hell of a program for that. There is one full time programmer (Art Fennerty) and one part time (Brian Barker) and lots of volunteer helpers. The work they put into this extremely capable software is unbelievable.
  They then get people coming here and moaning and greetin' about something stupid like font size. Most of us would either change the screen resolution to what it is stated is best for this program (1024 x 768) or make our own screen.
As I said this is my opinion and nothing to do with Artsoft or this forum.
Its the last I will say on this matter and I appologise if you think I am being a bit strong in my criticism but when I see people (not just you) coming on here and more or less demanding that things need fixed it makes my blood boil. Civility costs nothing and often pays big dividends.
Hood
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 03:42:32 AM by Hood »

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2006, 07:30:56 PM »
Hi:

The font selector is there only to allow a font to be selected, it wont size anything.
You need to select 96DPI in your settings to fix it, the 120 you have will not work..

Art

ynneb

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2006, 07:53:00 PM »
Hood, I have removed your moderator status due to your request to do so.
You may speak freely and not feel like you are representing Artsoft in doing so.

I would like to remind all here, that every member is a volunteer, including moderators, and does not receive any payment.
My feeling is that people who give of thier time here, do so because of a gratitude towards a great program, and a constant willingness to add to it and improve it.

Thanks to ALL those who give so generously to aid others.

Benny

Hood

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2006, 07:58:24 PM »
Thanks Benny

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2006, 08:03:56 PM »
Hats off to Hood. The greatest of the great. ;D Even with out the title, you are still my hero as well as many others. You are a great help.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!