Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 12:54:40 AM

Author Topic: need to update mach3 i got some questions  (Read 3269 times)

need to update mach3 i got some questions
« on: September 16, 2011, 06:36:07 AM »
 well question #1 is when i update if i install it over the existing version will i loose my licence file.

The reason for the update is due to this  version i have is very quirky.......probes  crash   you have to press the normal condition button 5 times a run.  The tool numbers never worked right when  you  call a tool change
you have to manualy change it in the dro and hit enter. I have lived with it for years now lol. I recently downloaded a new version and tool numbers change when they are supose to and what not lol. I just wanted to make sure when i install it over the top of my working one in my shop im not stuck with a demo after all is said  and done.   thanks for your help

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: need to update mach3 i got some questions
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 06:50:03 AM »
The licence should be fine as also your profile etc should be but its always a good idea to keep these things backed up anyway .

Hood
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 02:15:57 PM »
Thank you hood you have been very helpfull. I am hopeing this will fix all the bugs in this setup. I think the download im running now is  from 3 or 4 years back lol.

JOHN
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 05:50:12 AM »
Well that worked perfect all is in order now the lathe side of mach works. Tool #s change as they are supose to just needed an upgrade is all........The probe crashes where my fault lol  seems  when i put the  capacitor in for the probe i wired it to the  E stop pin silly me lol . The keling digital drivers i just installed are very nice indeed.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 06:37:44 AM »
Glad to hear all is well :)

Hood