Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:34:33 PM

Author Topic: Starting over "the right way?"  (Read 7029 times)

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Starting over "the right way?"
« on: September 15, 2011, 08:49:25 PM »
Ok so I am back to square one. I had 2 profiles working great except they were sharing a homing script (I am sure it was because I didnt create, copy or clone the screen for each profile) . I have a few questions that I dont seem to understand from reading the manual.
So do I create a profile from the MSM master?
Install all of my xml info into it?
Copy or clone the screen from the settings page and save as a custom screen set?
Do I copy the M codes on the settings page too?
I am just so frustrated, it was working so well but I screwed it up.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Re: Starting over "the right way?"
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 04:40:52 PM »
Nobody?
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 05:09:18 PM »
Maybe all the MSM users are on the MSM forum??
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 06:46:30 PM »
Not much activity there (161 members). Either everybody is as confused as I am and cant reply to my set of questions. Maybe they think the questions are too basic or there arent that many users. Brett called me last night and tried to walk me thru it but he admittedly stated he wasnt familiar with MSM. In my efforts to repair the profile/screen, I think I have corrupted my Master file. I am curious if a redownload of MSM will fix that issue. I come to the Mach forum for support because there are generally quite a few very helpful people. The section here is labeled CVI MachStdMill, why not try it too. 24 hours with no replies is eternity in this day and age. Gerry, I always appreciate your help and chiming in. At least you know someone is reading the post.
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 08:49:17 PM »
Hi,
I don't monitor this forum very often since all the MSM traffic was moved to the MSM forums.
CalypsoVentures.proboards.com
Please ask your question there - I monitor that site regularly.
Dave
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 08:51:15 PM by DaveCVI »
Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 10:40:07 PM »
Btw, Dave did address this problem on the forum. Not that I understand it yet but he is trying to explain it to a hobbyist. Sometimes impatience gets the best of me. Sorry Dave!