Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:33:16 AM

Author Topic: Over clokking the speed  (Read 6089 times)

Over clokking the speed
« on: August 23, 2011, 03:33:41 AM »
I can control my machine in two ways. Through the Parallel port and the USB smooth stepper.
Through the parallel port can I over-clock speeds up to 250%. With the smooth stepper I can only go back in speed. Is this a basic setting that I can easily change, or is not possible to over-clock using a smooth stepper?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Over clokking the speed
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 03:40:46 AM »
Sounds like you are using a very old plugin as that has been fixed for a long time.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 04:09:05 AM »
You know where I can get a new one? I suppose that it is a matter of changing the driver.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 04:14:22 AM »
http://warp9td.com/downloads.htm

Not sure what you are meaning regards changing the driver. The driver is used for parallel port,  a plugin is used for the SmoothStepper so all you do is download the plugin, install it then open Mach and choose the new plugin. If you dont get the choice to choose the new plugin then you will need to choose reset device select from Function Configs menu and restart Mach.

Hood
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 04:30:45 AM »
Thanks Hood, I'll try as soon as the machine is finished with this run.
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 04:33:08 AM »
Do you also know how much RAM is wise to have on your system running windows XP in combination with a smoothstepper?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 04:37:47 AM »
512Megs is really the minimum I would use on a computer running XP, not really anything to do with Mach as its what I find is the minimum for fast running of XP when using it for any application.
Using the SmoothStepper will lower the loads on the processor when compared to using the parallel port.

Hood
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 04:11:02 AM »

If you dont get the choice to choose the new plugin then you will need to choose reset device select from Function Configs menu and restart Mach.

Hello Hood, I tried to do this, but I still don't get the choice to install the new one.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 04:51:01 AM »
Do you get the options at start and just dont see the new plugin in the list?

If yes then remove some from the plugin folder so you see the new one, or make sure you have the plugin installed in the plugns folder.

If that doesnt help then attach your xml and I will see if I can find the problem.
Hood
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 05:38:55 AM »
The plugin is installed in the plugin folder, but in a separate folder. Do I have to copy them into the root plugin folder? There are quite a lot (dll's) more than with the old plugin. They are also called different I think.