Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:26:01 AM

Author Topic: max feed rate?  (Read 12337 times)

Hood

Re: max feed rate?
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006, 07:32:34 PM »
You only ground the shield at one end and  the control end is best from what I gather, I am certainly no expert. Ferrites could well help and certainly wont do any harm. If you have any old computer power supplies, just snip the wires from the torroids(?) and you have the ferrite rings ;) but if you dont then they are not expensive.
Hood
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2006, 07:42:28 PM »
thank you sir. I will report back tommorow to tell how it went.
chris ;D
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2006, 07:48:36 PM »
well I wish I had good news to report but. I hooked the shielding threads from the encoders and the limit switches to ground in my enclosure and i put ferrits on the servo motor wires and still my axis go nuts whenever I enter a move into the MDI screen. If Im just jogging using the keyboard the run smooth as can be. but if I enter anything through the MDI It sounds like a cellphone on vibrate siting on a countertop. and I get movement from all 3 axis even if I enter a single axis command. also aparently even when I set the controller to 25kHz Im losing steps when I tell it to move say an inch I get about .875 of movement. although it seems to be different every time. I tried to configure the steps per increment in the wizard but that didnt seem to help. plus I got some wierd ass step count number so Im definately having issues. but I guess I should get the motors moving smoothly before I tackle the rest of the problems. any further suggestions.
chris :-\

Hood

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2006, 04:30:56 PM »
I know its a pain but try starting from scratch entering all your settings again, might be worth making a new profile and leaving the one you are using alone. Just set up the step/ dir pins and your e-stop and test it out, then if its OK start adding the rest of your hardware (limits etc) into the equation.

Hood
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2006, 04:53:16 PM »
yeah I started doing that I took everything out except the motors and the encoders for them and still didnt get anywhere so now ive decided to take even my breakout board out of the equation. so i started soldering directly to  my parallel cable and now i got no movement at all. Its gonna be a long weekend. :-[

Hood

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2006, 04:55:04 PM »
:(

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2006, 08:29:41 PM »
Hi, Chris

Are you talking about entering G-code on MDI input line or a external MPG encoder, you stated arrow keys work fine.

If its external input MPG encoder has it been calibrated and pins set properly.?

Thanks, Chip
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2006, 10:06:49 AM »
no Im talking about the MDI line. I can jog my axis around with the arrow keys smooth as day. then I enter in a move on the MDI or try to run a program and wammo. everything is moving and the motors sound like hell. Im not sure why that is.
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2006, 04:46:53 PM »
Press the Tab button and see what your jog % is set at please... Also try testing a jog by pressing the Shift key then Jog an axis (this will make it move at 100%)

How is that?

Thanks
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2006, 12:19:28 PM »
yeah I can jog at 100% fine. its just when I try and make a programed move.