Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 10:24:26 AM

Author Topic: MachCloud expertise  (Read 5061 times)

MachCloud expertise
« on: July 27, 2011, 06:33:42 PM »
Hello,

I am looking for anyone with experience in MachCloud. I have downloaded and installed the app. I created a point cloud file in Mach3 by probing an object. My issue is that the MachCloud help file does not open, and I cannot find any documentation on using it. Does anyone know where the I can find a manual or would be willing to share their knowledge of MachCloud?

Thank you,

Vicrider
vicrider

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: MachCloud expertise
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 10:38:07 AM »
VicRider did youget it sorted out?  Machcloud is one of the orphan apps. It is not supported anymore. So it is what it is.

Let me know if you need more help , (;-)TP
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 10:47:28 PM »
Hi BR,

Nope, still working on getting a tool path from the probe/scan I did on my chair seat. Ian helped me get the point file into shape, but I can't get it made into a surface so that BobCad will create a toolpath from it. I thought that was what Machcloud would do. I have been looking at other software but haven't found one that has worked yet.

I am attaching the file.

Thanks for the concern and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Vic
vicrider

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 09:54:12 AM »
The process goes :  Probe - point cloud - Mesh - Solid - Cam - Gcode

In that order(;-)

Mach3 will get you Probe - Point Cloud
MachCloud will get you Point Cloud - Mesh
????????? will get you Mesh - Solid
Bobcad will get you Solid - Gcode

(;-) TP
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 11:16:49 AM »
Here is three stl files saved, Two Different programs and different formats
a screen capture.
and the toolpath using a 3/8 inch ball endmill

I did not have the outside features to outline the seat base.
20" square blank so you can hold it down and cut the shape.

Using Art's machcloud program, I opened your cloud points file, created a triangle mesh using the delaunary set then saved it as a stl (make sure you add the stl extension)
I then used ArtCam to import the stl file and created the toolpath. Not sure how BOBCrap does it (I used it at one time, so I have a history with them, there on my blocked phone list now)
Used ArtCam to create a couple of stl files in different formats (Binary & Ascii) in case Bob cant read machclouds file. Let me know if you need an ".obj" file instead.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 11:21:39 AM by Ya-Nvr-No »
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 11:15:23 AM »
good day everyone,

Sorry for the delay in answering your post, yanevrno, I've been out of the shop for a week.

Thank you for your assistance. I will work with these files today and get back with results.

Thanks again,

vic
vicrider