Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:00:28 AM

Author Topic: Setting Steps Per Unit in Mach3  (Read 23053 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Setting Steps Per Unit in Mach3
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2011, 05:54:37 PM »
Thought that might be the case, thats why I suggested you flip the switches to the opposite in my last post ;)
Done the dip switch wrong way myself a few times ;D
Hood
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2011, 04:20:57 AM »
Following your suggestion it was the next thing on my list to try, before I had a chance the guy I got the controller off sent me a photo of what the dip switches should look like and I thought....hmmmm ok...haha Great when the problem can be found though!

The next minor issue I have to solve is the random cutting out of the estop and limits. I have put my debounce up to 5000 and they still have a habbit of tripping out. Can I put a capacitor across my switches and estop to solve this?

Mike

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2011, 04:42:58 AM »
Could it be vibration triggering the switches?  5000 is quite a bit and if its noise you have real problems, are your switch wires shielded and properly grounded at the control end?
Some people use capacitors, 0.1uF is the norm I think but no electronics expert.

Hood
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2022, 10:47:57 AM »
Hi im having issues with my Mach3 system, on my Y axis the Y slave and the A drive is not getting the same signal.
the software went corrupt and im not managing to set it back to normal. the Q i have now is can i bridge the A axis from the Y axis drive and run the 2 motors of one driver?

then can someone please send me a picture of the dip switches just to make sure im at the right place?

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2022, 02:27:12 PM »
You need to start a new thread, define the machine model and motion controller used before anyone can help you.
If Mach3 went corrupt, you just reinstall MACH3, copy back your original .XML file.
Why are you then talking about DIP switches?
"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"