Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 03:34:38 AM

Author Topic: What are Mach3 limitations regarding rtcp ?  (Read 959 times)

What are Mach3 limitations regarding rtcp ?
« on: December 16, 2022, 10:42:44 PM »
Good day everyone.  I've been researching for about a week now about diy 5 axis cnc, and what I'm not finding enough information on is on the controller side of things.

So far what I've found out is that Mach3 does not support rtcp.  So my actual questions are: How exactly does this limit us ? Am I on the right track to pursue using Mach3 for simultaneous 5 axis, or should I look somewhere else ?

I'm planning on working with Powermill and if necessary, Camplete Truepath.

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
Re: What are Mach3 limitations regarding rtcp ?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2022, 01:39:29 AM »
You may have to BUY a 3rd Party Mach3 5 axis kinematics plugin

e.g. read
https://www.cnczone.com/forums/mach-software-artsoft-software-/301708-mach3-5-axis-kinematics-plugin-available.html

And then contact the AUTHOR of the plugin.
"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2022, 05:24:20 AM »
You may have to BUY a 3rd Party Mach3 5 axis kinematics plugin

e.g. read
https://www.cnczone.com/forums/mach-software-artsoft-software-/301708-mach3-5-axis-kinematics-plugin-available.html

And then contact the AUTHOR of the plugin.

Just a heads-up…

Beware of parting with any money unless you are satisfied that other users of this so called ‘kinematic-plugin’ can verify that it actually works.
The author has been touting this idea for many years now without any reliable, third party, evidence of it’s authenticity. His website is either 404 or ‘under construction’ which in itself may cast suspicion.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2022, 06:00:29 AM »
Author has a free DEMO version of the plug-in that OP can test.
I think the plugin cost about US250

without the plugin,
MACH3 can do up to 6-axis if G-code generated by a CAM software. But jogging cannot support more than 3-axis.
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2022, 09:05:54 AM »
I'm dealing with this same issue. Finally got my 5 axis all wired up and working. I'm currently using COR and machine zero for work offsets. For cam, I'm using HSMworks. Fortunately there is a customizable post for this. I'm not a programmer, and it's a bit of a pain to rewrite the post, but doable. Tool offsets and work offsets are a PITA. If I understand correctly, without tcpc you must have all your tools in the cam package and re-post if you change an end mill dull/broken etc because the tool offsets change the toolpath. The compensation must be done in the post or the CAM package. You can't just change the tool table in Mach. If anybody is doing this already and has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

As it is, looks like I'm going to be confining 5 axis simultaneous to rough contouring work. Everything else will need to be done in 3 or 3+2. Otherwise, I have to be going back and re-writing tool paths whenever a new tool is installed.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 09:20:45 AM by Monty12345 »
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2022, 09:34:09 AM »

without the plugin,
MACH3 can do up to 6-axis if G-code generated by a CAM software. But jogging cannot support more than 3-axis.

I'm not really sure what you mean here. I don't have any plugins other than a custom screen set. I can jog all 5 axis, and use my pendant to do the same.

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2022, 11:11:15 PM »
I was wrong.

Thank You