Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:52:27 PM

Author Topic: Vortech router run Mach3  (Read 11015 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Vortech router run Mach3
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2011, 01:39:30 AM »
Not sure why you keep deleting and reloading the profile - once should be enough.

turned on router hit spindle on and it starting running no axis movement, so I turned off the spindle changed the settings to gett axis running hit reset button hit
spindle button NO spindle

What settings did you change ?

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2011, 11:44:07 AM »
Tweakie,
WHEN I PURCHASED THIS ROUTER they told me to assemble it, turn it on, and cut wood
Put in new board, jumped inverter, did some wiring they told me to do, nothing was working right, wanted to start fresh with their xml file to make sure this router will run, they told me not to mess with settings in the manual, they have told me to change setting, so much for printing it a manual and telling to do different, must not be right some where, THEM or ME just following directions
What do I do when the axis will not move,  no movement, they had me turn on step low act, movement, and one axis was going the wrong way, fixed that. all I've done in the way of changing the settings. I did reach down and over and hit the wrong button on inverter trying to stop it, that time it came on, because they want me to use the run/stop buttons on inverter,
I want to be able to use G-CODE and MACH3 and INVERTER  RUN/STOP to run spindle. reinstalled one time by me, thanks for reminding me not to reinstall the setup file the again.
I sent PICS to them all along the way to let them know what I was doing. to fix there router.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2011, 11:56:05 AM »
I understand your frustration but you have to be more precise here if we are to be of any help.

Please read my previous post again - You said the spindle was working and you changed some settings then it didn't work.
What settings did you change exactly ?

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2011, 01:49:32 AM »
To add to the last posting..

Did you change any of these settings ?

Tweakie.
PEACE
Spindle not running
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2011, 04:49:00 PM »
Tweakie,
sorry about not getting back sooner
Here is what I wrote,
What do I do when the axis will not move,  no movement, they had me turn on step low act, movement, and one axis was going the wrong way, fixed that. all I've done in the way of changing the settings. (copied from reply)
1) Turned on step low active as told (movement)
2) home/limits: changed Xaxis to reverse direction, it was moving the wrong way,(fixed that)
3)when I start it up and hit f5 the spindle would run until I used f5 to shut off or vfd off key
4)the spindle will not turn on any more
5)reprogrammed VFD to factory setting by the instruction from them, filling safe enough to run the router for about 10 mins.
Will reprogram vfd to work from Mach3 tonite or later
Should we build a data base for reprogramming vfd'S or cheat sheets when no vfd manuals are not available? (to much work to keep updated)
cut this
/Users/jimwhitley/Pictures/Kodak Pictures/07-17-2011/100_4547.JPG

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Spindle not running
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2011, 02:29:38 AM »
I will wait to hear how you get on with the VFD - Good fortune changing any settings without the manual.  :-\

(I am really not sure I could program my VFD without the manual - the menu is quite extensive and contains stuff that I can only guess as to what it does).

Tweakie.
PEACE