Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 10:27:39 AM

Author Topic: Vortech router run Mach3  (Read 11064 times)

Vortech router run Mach3
« on: July 14, 2011, 08:19:25 PM »
Hey,
Any body have a set up file to run mach3 on a vortech router,
New at this, called them, having a hard time at getting a windows XP disk,
and set up file to run my router from them. which they said would supply (not as of yet)
They told me not to mess with the settings I've been going over artsoft videos over and over the
guy said, if your machine is running backward change this etc, etc,
I have had issues with the Router from day one from shipping to getting it up and running
All axis move in jog mode, put in new board it knock the power switch out ,
I turned it back on and hit the f5 key and 10 sec later the spindle came on, shut down again restarted router, now it will not turn on and off from mach3 at f5
or the inverter. Any help understanding the next step for going ahead would help.
I know there are some good helpers here willing to work thur to come up with some settings and how to deal with this company that is from my understanding are selling routers that are to work.
Vortech Router run Mach3
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 10:03:02 PM »
Guys,
Vortech sent Their setup xml file and the manual for the inverter 30 min. ago
I loaded it, did what they said to do, deleted old vortech profile, restarted computer, to make sure it was not there, put file on desk top open windows explore moved the xml to
mach3 main folder
clicked loader picked vortech router
It loaded screen
NOTHING works  no XYZ axis or spindle I have the XML FILE if SOME ONE wants to check it out
I thing the setting are not right
Waiting for a reply from vortech they said nothing about the power

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Vortech Router run Mach3
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 01:57:09 AM »
If you post the xml it can be checked. (rename a copy of your xml to MrWilson.xml : use additional options : choose file ).

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Vortech router run Mach3
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 03:18:04 AM »
From my understanding Vortech make and supply a lot of routers, all operating with Mach3 software.
If your machine is original (not modified in any way) then their supplied software should work perfectly and I am surprised that you are having difficulties with Vortech in getting the information you require.

However, there are many here on this forum who will help you, any way they can, to get your machine up and running as it should be. Just provide as much detail as you can with your questions.

There is a spindle spin up delay in Mach Config : Ports and Pins - perhaps this is what is causing your spindle to wait 10 seconds. Maybee there is a setting within your VFD menu for on / off delay ?

Tweakie.
PEACE
Re: Vortech Router run Mach3
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 07:38:48 PM »
Tweakie,
Heres the file

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 07:20:19 AM »
I can't find anything wrong with your .xml - it runs fine here (in simulation). The spin up / spin down delay for the spindle is set at 1 second so that will not be the problem.

NOTHING works  no XYZ axis or spindle I have the XML FILE if SOME ONE wants to check it out

Does Mach run if you load something like the roadrunner file ?
From the MDI screen does the spindle turn on if you input M3 (and press return key) ?

Tweakie.

PEACE
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 10:29:57 AM »
Tweakie,
When I load the roadrunner, I can run the program, but the spindle will not turn on
when in MDI mode I did try M3, will not turn on spindle
Main program screen I put spindle 15000 hit F5 to start spindle nothing
I can move axis by jogging and thur gcode
running dolphin cad/cam, did get a small program to run, but no spindle
Will delete vortech router from mach loader, turn off computer, reboot, put the xml file in mach3 folder and try every thing again
I know its some thing simple
Is there a file that has blank copies of input signals, home limits, ect so I can fill in my settings and print out to keep at router?
Is there a utility section in the forum that might things like this?
The computer at the router machine is only for running the machine not to be hooked up to a printer , cad/cam software, ect
GREAT QUESTIONS keep them coming, it helps me understand more of whats going on   

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 10:48:33 AM »
I have never come across a blank form for filling in settings but it sounds like a good idea. There are a couple of .xml reader programs which present the .xml data in a more understandable format, perhaps you could use one of those and print out the data. http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,9561.0.html

Sorry I forgot the speed input in my earlier post.
In the MDI screen input S15000 M3 and then return key.

Sounds like a problem with your spindle VFD what type and model is it ?

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 12:15:02 PM »
Is your spindle speed controlled from Mach or just the On/Off?
Hood
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 03:29:40 PM »
Guys,
Its a Fling inverter from china
model# DZB100B is the pdf file name they sent,
but on cover it reads DZB200B001.2L2DK,
did delete vortech profile rebooted computer moved xml file to mach3 folder rebooted again to make sure it stays 
turned on router hit spindle on and it starting running no axis movement, so I turned off the spindle changed the settings to gett axis running hit reset button hit
spindle button NO spindle
loaded some g-code it turned the button on/off but NO spindle movement