Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 04:51:59 PM

Author Topic: USB Breakout board for Mach3  (Read 54366 times)

Re: USB Breakout board for Mach3
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2011, 08:51:30 AM »
Hi, thanks for the reply, picked it up today have been away.

When you say to put a 5vdc led in the circuit i assume you mean the +5v and ground on the step/direction outputs. If so i  have tried one following your suggestion and the led does not light. The led is ok.

Any other help please if possible.
Best wishes.

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2011, 09:10:25 AM »
NEVER put an LED accross 5Vdc without a current limiting resistor (unless that 5Vdc is a PWM signal carefully designed to match the specs of the LED). You stand a very good chance of either blowing the LED or the output stage of the device supplying the 5V depending on it's current sourcing capabilities.

Ian
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2012, 03:46:15 AM »
hi every body

actually i am also installing Xulifeng USB board on mach 3. i have one problem .

can anybody tell me in that board for input we have to take external 5v or internal provided.

and another one is that for that board which pin number for charge pump?
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2012, 03:58:51 AM »
another one is that when i pressed emergency stop button then mach3  shows me urgency stop alarm instead of e stop requested. and when i use limit switch that time it shows me limit stop instead of limit switch triggered.
is there any option to change alarm script in mach3?
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2013, 03:34:45 PM »
This card works very well, but there is an important missing .. :/

outputs, this card is not running as fast as M10 and M11 or M10P1 - M11P1

What do you think?
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2013, 03:07:20 PM »
The Xulifeng 4 axis board integrates very well with mach3. I have had no trouble configuring the system even though I am a newcomer to CNC. All homing and limit devices are working no problem here as there is plenty of opto-isolated IO. Motors tuned and moving the prescribed distances on all axis. I now have to get to grips with gcode programming. I have bought several items from this supplier as I have never been let down. (One does have to be careful on Ebay). I have also bought 4 off stepper drive modules 2M542 4.2 A, Stepper motor mounting blocks, plumb couplings etc.. I am in the process of purchasing ebay ( item 300956732417). This is a CNC wireless pendant for Mach3. Just plug in the wireless stick...configure an go. Will save a lot of potential pain.  If anyone is interested the Ebay shop is BestChoose 702 and the seller: onlyforever702 (16234).  The chap I deal with is Kevin, and you will find that he is a very good communicator. You may get more details and information by asking a question (Through the Ebay System)  You may tell him that Ramzyelk recommended him, however, I am sure you will get seamless service from him if you did not mention me at all. I am presenting the information resulting from my own experiences an I would urge every individual to make their own analysis. Ramzy
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2013, 04:11:14 PM »
I believe this is the xulifeng board that I am currently using. The only problem I had was the issue with axis jog locking up with the shift key, and it turned out the ESS board has the same issue. I bought the ESS board and a breakout card to replace this one, which has worked just fine. If you can wait a bit I'll give you a great "student" discount on it. It has never glitched even once, other than the shift key jog issue.
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2013, 02:49:13 AM »
The Mach3 USB Motion Card works fine for me except one big issue when used my probe to digitize a point cloud with Mach3.
I use the Mach3 Digitize Wizard and have the probe connected to input 15 and configured properly
(Probe-Enabled , Port# 1, pin # 15, Active Low - enabled)
The digitizing code runs perfectly and the probe generates a stop (for G31 command) but the data is not being written to the designated txt file I specify in the beginning of the code (M40 command).

I tried to run the probe with the center finding routine (blue screen) and it worked OK.
I also ran the digitizing wizard from another computer with different OS and had the same issue with the empty file.

Scott from Mach support believes the issue is with the card or card's driver plugIn FOR mACH3 (UsbMove.dll ver2.0.1.9 by Xulifeng).

Probe digitizing is crucial for my operation and I was hoping for your advice.
Any ideas?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,199 9,199
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2013, 03:16:48 AM »
There are a number of Mach3 functions which the Xulifeng board does not yet support and this may just be one of them.  :(

Perhaps your best bet would be to contact the manufacturers directly - if they have had enough requests they may update their plugin software accordingly (Automation Technology may be a good place to start http://www.automationtechnologiesinc.com/about-us).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2013, 03:33:00 AM »
Thanks Tweakie.

Is there a known issue with the card's support for G31 specifically?
If so, then I know I should stop looking for a solution until it's fixed on the plugin level but I'm bringing this up here just in case it's an isolated issue others do not have and in that case it might be a config problem on my end or a faulty card.

Just to give more info on the issue, the txt file is opened and locked by the program and released when it's done but stays empty. It's either no data is sent to Mach3 or something else.
Not sure which part of the data transfer is done by the card and which by Mach3.