Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:47:20 AM

Author Topic: XBox360 Controller Plugin Version 2.3.7 Now Available  (Read 10465 times)

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
XBox360 Controller Plugin Version 2.3.7 Now Available
« on: June 09, 2011, 12:24:31 PM »
A new version of the XBox360 Controller plugin is available.  It adds the following:
1. A safety switch option is available on the Config Page
2. A brief rumble when using the "Lock/Unlock" controller button option
3. Support for non Microsoft controllers has been moved from being hard coded to the Config Page.  Now, you enter the ProductId and VendorID

Lee

Offline Helicopterjohn

•  62 62
  • Seffner, Florida
    • View Profile
    • Helicopterjohn.com
Re: XBox360 Controller Plugin Version 2.3.7 Now Available
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 10:20:26 AM »
Hi Lee,

I just upgraded to your new version 2.3.7 and now I can't get my Game Stop Model # BB-070 to work.  Do you know the ProductId and VendorID for this unit or where I can find it?  It worked fine with your older version.

I get the Green light on the control and I have installed the version2.3.7 plugin into the Mach3 plugin folder.

When I look in the Plugin dialog box in Mach3 I have enabled the plugin it is asking for a Product ID and Vendor ID.  Currently it says no controller found.  I guess that is because I have not entered the ProductID and Vendor ID.

Many thanks for making a GREAT Plugin.

John

John
Shopbot PRT 48 X 96  Gekco 203V drives, PMDX-126 Multi-Mode Breakout Board, PMDX-107 Isolated Speed Control, (2) Ea. PMDX-133 3-axis Daisy-Chainable Motherboard for Gekco 203V's, PMDX-2PARPCi Dual Parallel Port Card, Super PID Speed Controller, 2010 Screen Set, Solid State Relays for dust/coolant.

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 12:16:07 AM »
Hi John,

Did I ever answer your question or did you solve the problem?  Anyway, the ProductID and VendorId are in the Device Manager section of the System icon in the Control Panel.

Lee
Hi Lee,

I just upgraded to your new version 2.3.7 and now I can't get my Game Stop Model # BB-070 to work.  Do you know the ProductId and VendorID for this unit or where I can find it?  It worked fine with your older version.

I get the Green light on the control and I have installed the version2.3.7 plugin into the Mach3 plugin folder.

When I look in the Plugin dialog box in Mach3 I have enabled the plugin it is asking for a Product ID and Vendor ID.  Currently it says no controller found.  I guess that is because I have not entered the ProductID and Vendor ID.

Many thanks for making a GREAT Plugin.

John

John

Offline Helicopterjohn

•  62 62
  • Seffner, Florida
    • View Profile
    • Helicopterjohn.com
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 08:47:12 AM »
Hi Lee,

I can't find the Product ID and Vendor ID in the device manager.  I was looking in the Xbox 360 area.  Must be looking the the wrong screen.  Could you give me a screen shot of where this is in the device manager?

Thanks,

John
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 08:49:05 AM by Helicopterjohn »
Shopbot PRT 48 X 96  Gekco 203V drives, PMDX-126 Multi-Mode Breakout Board, PMDX-107 Isolated Speed Control, (2) Ea. PMDX-133 3-axis Daisy-Chainable Motherboard for Gekco 203V's, PMDX-2PARPCi Dual Parallel Port Card, Super PID Speed Controller, 2010 Screen Set, Solid State Relays for dust/coolant.

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 11:53:33 AM »
Hi John,

You were looking in the right place.  In your message, the last screen shows the answer.  The VID is the vendorID and the PID is the ProductID.  So, looking at the screen in your message, the Vendor Id is 0E6F and the ProductID is 0201.  Try those and let me know.  If that works then write it down so you will have it for new versions of the controller.

Also, a new version 2.3.8 will be available in a few days.  It includes a fix for 1 problem.  If you are jogging with the Thumbstick and the Controller becomes disconnected (unplugged or battery gets too low) then Mach will keep jogging.  The fix causes Mach to stop all movement started by the controller if the Controller becomes disconnected.

Lee

Offline Helicopterjohn

•  62 62
  • Seffner, Florida
    • View Profile
    • Helicopterjohn.com
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 03:01:34 PM »
Hi Lee,

Thanks for your help in identifying the numbers I needed to input.  I really enjoy using the Xbox 360 controller to jog my Shopbot.  I have also used some of the extra keys.  Would it be possible to have one of the keys turn on my dust collector and another one to turn on my vacuum pump via a macro?  I think I will wait to get version 2.3.8 if it is only a few days away.

John

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 04:26:46 PM »
Hi John,

I am sure it is possible.  That is something you will have to ask someone who knows more about macros than I.  One important part is what kind of controller you have.  Let me know what you find out.  I may want to add something like that to my mill.

Lee

Offline Helicopterjohn

•  62 62
  • Seffner, Florida
    • View Profile
    • Helicopterjohn.com
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 05:11:01 PM »
Hi Lee,

I am in the process of finishing up a complete electronic update to my Shopbot PRT 48 X 96 CNC Router.

I intend to add a few Solid State Relays to activate the the Dust Collector and Vacuum pump from my PMDX-126 Multi-Mode Breakout Board .  No sure exactly how that will be done but would like to be able to run a macro and use your plugin to activate it as well as from the Mach3 2010 screen set.

I originally purchased my Game Stop Model # BB-070 Xbox 360 controller from a local swap shop.  Not being a gamer I didn't realize that it was not an original Microsoft Xbox360 controller but a clone.  So far it has worked well, but I will gladly purchase the OEM brand controller if that is was it takes to make it work as it should.

John