Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:30:04 PM

Author Topic: This might be a quick fix - Fast Jog  (Read 9171 times)

Re: This might be a quick fix - Fast Jog
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 01:47:40 PM »
Well, this is where I always come up short. Is there an obvious command for accessing this XML? I've yet to learn anything about it. I'll also have to get back home before I can do anything, too.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2011, 01:52:42 PM »
When you have Mach open you should see at the lower right of the main page a profile name. Look in your main Mach3 folder for a file with that name and a xml extension, copy it to your desktop, rename to dmwright.xml and then use the additional options on the reply page to attach it. The reason you need to rename is the forum will only accept a file name once so it is likely if you use a standard profile an  xml with that name will already have been posted by someone else.
Hood
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 01:59:00 PM »
I will do that tonight, when I get home. Thanks in advance.
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2011, 08:36:50 PM »
Here's the XML file. Thanks.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2011, 05:13:05 AM »
I am not seeing the problem here.
 What I was doing here was homing, pressing shift and then right arrow and X jogged away at 200IPM
When you home is it homing correctly, ie do you get the Reset flashing or LEDs on Diagnostics for the limits lighting?
Hood
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2011, 09:24:36 AM »
It does home correctly. The LEDs light and it resets the axes to zero, which is the way I have it setup in home/limits. When I jog off, it will not fast jog. I have to jog off, then switch off the autooverride, and then it will fast jog.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2011, 10:37:09 AM »
So the Reset LED  doesnt flash when homing? No error messages?

I dont understand where your problem is then as I have tried many times with your xml and it works fine each time.
Because you have the slow jog to 20% I need to also press the shift key when jogging so I am wondering if you have maybe modified the screenset to have different Hotkeys than standard? Not really sure how a keyboard itself could affect things but maybe try a different keyboard.
Other than that I cant think of anything else to try as I can not replicate it with your xml.

Hood
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2011, 11:01:44 AM »
No problem. I definitely appreciate the effort. Thanks again.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2011, 12:56:48 PM »
Can you take a vid of it happening and post on youtube for me to look at, might get a clue.
Hood
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2011, 02:00:27 PM »
No point in you bothering with any more. I can't imagine how a video would help, anyway. I've actually had the same problem on two different systems, although I think it was something else that caused it on the other system. I'm wondering if the breakout board itself is the problem. This board is the C10 from Keling Inc, and the other one was from Probotix. I also have another irritating problem I need to figure out, which is more of a problem, anyway. Whenever I turn on the power to the board, the relay clicks on by itself (Mach 3 is already running). I turn it off and a couple seconds later it clicks on again. I have to go through the process of turning it on and off about 8 or 10 times, and then it finally stabilizes and stays off.