Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:30:45 AM

Author Topic: Crazy problem with getting started  (Read 2430 times)

Crazy problem with getting started
« on: June 03, 2011, 06:44:15 PM »
I have recently purchased a cnc machine that will run mach3 and I am having a crazy time with it. I have loaded all the programs correctly and can't seem to get past the motor tuning (which does absolutely nothing). I have been having problems with the 25 pin connector, it seems to have a mind of it's own. When I plug the connector in, the cnc machine runs on its own at random, one time x axis, the next y and so on. And what really baffles me is that the cord can not be plugged in all the way, I have to wiggle the cord to get the machine running and the connector seems to barely be hanging on. I am wondering if it's the cord itself or do I have something programmed wrong, but as i mentioned the machine seems to be doing its own thing. I can't even get it to stop with the mach program. i have to literally unplug it or take away power. has anyone run into this problem? if so, please advise. I believe the machine is only getting power and not communicating with mach!!! hmmmmm

gobuddycampers

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy problem with getting started
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 01:56:11 AM »
Sounds like it could well be your cable but also sounds like you may have electrical noise problems. First thing is get a new cable as it needs to fit correctly and make good contact.
Hood

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy problem with getting started
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 05:59:42 AM »
You should follow the procedure of;

Connecting all cables etc. correctly.
Switching on computer.
Getting Mach running and set.
Turn on machine.

Plugging and unplugging cables with your PC or machine running is down right dangerous as it can damage the PC or damage the machine or damage you.

There have been videos posted in the past where users have disconnected cables from running machines and caused a machine runaway. Take care  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE