Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 05:32:04 AM

Author Topic: Printer Port Problems  (Read 18174 times)

Offline bajadave

•  61 61
  • If It isn't Broke, Then See How It Works
    • View Profile
Re: Printer Port Problems
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2011, 12:12:40 PM »
Dont believe you missed anything, its a Dell 9100 inspiration, I did flash the bios and that did nothing.. Power saver function is shut off.... no option for changing the LPT mode... I have it in Mach set up on lpt1 and cc68 is the port... on the card defaults it is set to LPT1 also.. I do get that same jerky movement as i did with the old card.... Ive tried another PCI slot that I have open.... If you like I can email you the dell service tag number and you can go to there site and get the specs for my machine... Also under there specs there is no place on the Mother Board to plug in a PCI controller port... I can't believe that Dell is not compatitable with Mach3.... I just broke this machine down and built it back up, So i know there is no Junk on this machine.... Its strickly for MAch and Aspire... It does have Auto Cad and a few other programs for design work, but nothing that should interfer with PCI ports... I can let that MAch test run for hours with no spikes, the impulse rate is rock solid and cpu ussage is very little....
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2011, 12:38:58 PM »
i had a dell that would not work properly no matter what i tried. finally  took it out of the system with a bf hammer. bought a foxconn atom board   with printer port , on board video , added a pci lava card all from newegg. atom board was 59.00.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2011, 06:41:37 PM »
HAve you tried the SPECIAL mach driver for weird computers ?? No kidding there is one.

Out of curiosity what CPU chip is being used any idea ?  intel , amd, etc

(;-) TP

Offline bajadave

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2011, 06:58:50 PM »
LOL Its a Intel pen4... I did notice today that with my old machine under the diag page that pin 5 led was always lighted.. now with this new machine and the same XML file that pin 2 and 3 are also lighted... Im searching the yahoo group now for a diagnostic file that i seen on the video tutior files on basic setup... I did try that special driver and when I did, I got no pulse no nothing, so i reverted back to the Original Driver... I'm about to get out a hammer and solve this problem myself... lol

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2011, 08:08:06 PM »
OUT of more curiousity, (;-) HAVE you tried to create a NEW profile and then reconfig everything "manually".

Make sure you save the old XML away somewhere safe

(;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2011, 08:09:09 PM »
DOES this PC have an ONBOARD LPT port as well ??

Offline bajadave

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2011, 09:17:35 PM »
LOL Thats what im doing now, Ive created a new profile and it seems to be better, My speed is up to 60 without any jerky stops BUT the motors don't sound good at all... Any Idea why under the diagnostic page and port 1 pin current state I now have a lighted LED under pin 2 and 3 and on the old machine i never had t hose light up.. only pin 5 was lighted and it is under this profile to... Ok what is an onboard LPT port? All i have is rj45 ethernet... couple usb ports... Video card.. Onboard Video is disabled.... there is also a onboard sound card which is disabled...

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2011, 10:36:55 PM »
You mentioned that you saw lPT info in the BIOS. This would indictate that there is an onboard port ??? Have you tried turning the port OFF in the bios . I am thinking that somewhere the PCI port is being interfered with. Possibly from a phantom port?

OR setup the port as LPT2 or 3

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Offline bajadave

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2011, 11:39:04 AM »
Changed the card to LPT2... changed all MAch settings in a new profile to use Port2... Same results.. I have no onboard lpt port.. only video and sound ports that are onboard, oh and ethernet is onboard... But i can't shut that off or We wouldnt behaving this convo.. lol....

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2011, 01:04:23 PM »
Dave look in the BOIS and see IF you have an option to turn off a LPT port. The bios may have been written to include a port BUT the manf did not use one onboard. IF the Bois option is there AND it is on then it may be a PHANTOM port that physically is not there BUT the PC thinks it is.

IF you Ditch this PC I would LOVE to get the motherboard to investigate this as it seems to show up a lot latey and we rally need to find the answer as to WHY it occurs.

(;-) TP