Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:18:26 PM

Author Topic: Printer Port Problems  (Read 18116 times)

Offline bajadave

•  61 61
  • If It isn't Broke, Then See How It Works
    • View Profile
Printer Port Problems
« on: June 03, 2011, 04:09:00 PM »

I had Mach3 running great... Then i decided to switch to a faster Pc because I do alot of design work on the PC that runs my CNC machine... I took some time and transfered all the programs over to the new machine, after I did a complete revamping of the machine.... 1 thing i didnt notice was the new dell MAchine didn't have a parallel port.. Since I never hooked up a printer to this dell I never notice... I know my bad... So I went to best buy and found that you can only order them online.. Long story shortened. I installed my new Parrallel port card into my Dell Pc and everyuthing went fine. No problems finding it or intalling the drives... Problem Is Mach doesn't see it because the Resources it uses now ar CC38-CC3F instead of the older LPT1 At OZ-378...
If I change it in mach to the CC38-CC3F I get no response.. Any Suggestion? Thanks in Advance

Dave

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Printer Port Problems
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 04:43:28 PM »
Davew did you only use the first part of the range  CC38 . Mach does not have a problem with the odd addresses as long as it is correct. It is just looking for a port.

Now if your LPT cad is a USB based card you are out of luck.

Look on your old MB and you may find a port that you can plug a ribbon cable to to provide the LPT port.

(;-) TP

Offline bajadave

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 06:51:25 PM »
No i was putting in the whole address of cc38-cc3F. i will hook up the Pc and try it again... Will Let you know... thanks

Offline bajadave

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 07:44:30 PM »
I have Movement now, BUT its very jerky and sounds terrible.... is not smooth running like it was before.. Where should i look now?

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 08:50:35 PM »
Run the driver test and see IF the graph is smooth and steady. IF not look for the source.   Open the windows resource monitor and see what is hogging the system cpu time.

(;-)TP

Offline bajadave

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 09:08:33 PM »
Ran Driver test, said sys is Excellent... Pulse rate is steady.... Nothing seems to be hogging the cpu time... Nothing is on this machine except MAch and Aspire.... No other Boards besides Video card....

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 09:10:16 PM »
OK can 1 axis run and it be smooth, maybe 2???

Do you have quicktime to view videos??? How about acrobat pdf viewer??

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 09:11:51 PM by BR549 »

Offline bajadave

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 09:22:20 PM »
i can install them... no axis will run smoothly... Havent tried to run more then one axis at a time, Machine sounds like its grinding when it moves... I can hook up old Pc and it runs fine, So I know its not the machine...  Not sure how to use the Video feature, but will learn it real quick....

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 09:29:46 PM »
I mentioned the 2 programs because they are know CPU hoogs. Don't use them unless you need them.

OK open the window resource montor and then run MACH see if the CPU is maxing out.

What kernal speed are you running?  IS this a Smooth stepper setup?

(;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 09:37:16 PM »
OK open the window resource montor and then run MACH see if the CPU is maxing out.

What kernal speed are you running?  IS this a Smooth stepper setup?

ONE thing I have learned is that IF you have a good running setup PC wise it is BEST to use it ONLY to run the machine.  IF you need a faster PC to run new software then BUY a new pc for the software.

CNC machines do NOT made good multitaskers.

You may want to try a total unloading of the MACH software and driver and do a fresh reload of a stable version.  Been know to help. Don't forget to do the restart after the rel;oad.

Just a thought, (;-)TP

(;-) TP

(;-) TP