Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:14:00 AM

Author Topic: Program hanging  (Read 18486 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Program hanging
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2011, 07:14:41 PM »
It is just like the PC market for devices. Windows has the common interface BUT the device manfactors HAVE to write a driver to interface TO windows.

Mach HAS the common interface BUT the manfs HAVE to write the driver to interface to it. It is just that the Plugin is easier to create than a core level driver.

BUT there are some devices that DO have a core level driver such as the MESA card series. MACH never even knows it is there, business as usuall.

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Offline CarlsonGuitars

•  8 8
  • Made in Oregon since 2001
    • View Profile
    • CarlsonGuitars.com
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2011, 08:08:29 PM »
I am new to these forums and have an issue with one of our cnc's...  It will hang up or "pause" during the middle of a program, during various gcode commands, so I can't isolate it to one m or g code command...  Multiple times during a program the pause button will randomly light up and everything stops running except the spindle, as if you were to hit the pause button.  Sometimes the pause button does not light up, but it seems to pause just the same with the "RUN" button deselected.  We have been working around this by just clicking RUN, which works MOST of the time.  Occasionally the program will reset at the beginning, and the toolpath will be incomplete!  We have to literally baby-sit the cnc, otherwise a 1 hour machining program will take all day due to pauses...  I thought the computer might be low on ram, so I upgraded to 4GB, it used to have 1GB.  Processor is a P4 The cnc is a dyna DLI4848RST-DA which has a linear guide rails, rack and pinion, servos (MCG ID33004) with US Digital ESD-500-250EG optical encoders, with a 3hp colombo spindle  and I am running MACH3 v.D1.90.026 .  I just noticed that a former employee changed the x y and z rates under the motor tuning config tool, I set them back to factory settings...  I also recently upgraded from Gecko G320 drives to G320X on all 3 axis...  I previously would lose charge (or something) on the z axis, where the program would continue to run but the z axis would lose power and not move up and down, which would cause the machine to either crash or ruin the workpiece...  This does not occur with the new G320x geckodrives with 2 exceptions when running programs at full speed...  I noticed there are fewer pauses when programs are run at 20% or 30%, otherwise the pauses seem to happen more frequently when running 100%.  We used to run only a handful of programs, but have started contracting out work and running a variety of programs which consist of over 100,000 lines of code sometimes.  According to the software/specs from Dynamic Plastics (built the cnc but are out of business now) it looks like our speeds and feeds are well below the max of the machine.  Anyone have problems running code from a line?  Program resetting halfway through?  Multiple pauses (sometimes only 4 on a small program, but on larger programs it can range from every 5 seconds to 10 minutes).  Anyone have this problem, know what it could be?!?!  HELP!  Thanks, -Levi

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2011, 08:13:07 PM »
Just wondering if it could be a keyboard problem, do you have another one you can try?
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2011, 08:15:05 PM »
Oh and the other issue you described with the Z is the motor stalling which is usually too high acceleration or Velocity or combination. Could also be binding on the axis, especially if it stalls going up the way rather than down.
Hood

Offline CarlsonGuitars

•  8 8
    • View Profile
    • CarlsonGuitars.com
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2011, 08:28:53 PM »
Thanks for the fast reply.  I changed out the gecko drive with the new G320X and changed the velocity/speeds/etc. under Mach3 CONFIG - MOTOR TUNING.  The z does not lose power, I haven't run a large program since changing the velocity and acceleration.  The problem is the pausing...  Each time I run a program it pauses, all the time.

Come to think of it, I noticed it's more likely when the feedrate/blended number is higher, perhaps the motor tuning is the real culprit?  Before I had very few problems, other than the z axis losing charge (replaced the gecko drive a month ago and it's not happened once!)....

Let me tweak with it a little more and see if I can figure this out...  It very well may be the acceleration/velocity which caused pauses instead emergency stops...

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2011, 08:31:08 PM »
Your pausing will not be motor tuning issues, it is more likely to be a keyboard issue, ie the keyboard is faulty and sending a signal to Mach to pause.
Hood

Offline CarlsonGuitars

•  8 8
    • View Profile
    • CarlsonGuitars.com
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2011, 10:43:00 PM »
Hi Hood,

I wish it was the keyboard.  I bought a new HP keyboard and plugged it in tonight and it's still pausing...  The other keyboard I had was an expensive dust free industrial keyboard made by intermec (PS2) the new HP is a USB keyboard (not sure if that matters).  I ran 2 programs, the smaller one paused 3 times (about 500 lines of code) to give you an idea.  What else could it be?  I'm at a loss...

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2011, 03:28:23 AM »
Can you attach your xml please, also the code it happens with, use the additional options button on the reply page to attach.
Are you using  any external pendants such as xbox or similar?

Hood

Offline CarlsonGuitars

•  8 8
    • View Profile
    • CarlsonGuitars.com
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2011, 03:59:17 AM »
external pendants?!?  Xbox?  Don't even know what you are talking about...  XML? - as in webpages?  Is that another way of saying G-Code or NC?  Uh...  I guess I need to go through a few tutorials here, total newbie with these forums, I learned on a Haas (Fanuc) and wrote programs instead of using cam...

So I just published a webpage of some photos and info on my setup...  http://www.levimanselle.com/page5.php  I appreciate the help, hopefully I can get this sometimes havoc causing reset and ultra-annoying pausing issue fixed!!! Thanks!  -Levi

Offline CarlsonGuitars

•  8 8
    • View Profile
    • CarlsonGuitars.com
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2011, 04:01:57 AM »
Hi Hood,

Oh, by the way, my numeric code is posted on my website, I didn't see "additional options button" on the reply page for attachments the 1st time around, I hope the NC will post on this one!  Thanks again!  -Levi