Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 05:44:13 AM

Author Topic: Program hanging  (Read 18629 times)

Re: Program hanging
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 09:19:56 AM »
IF it were the LACK of the carriage return it would NEVER had worked(;-).  OP said it only failed sometimes. SAME as I see here.

(;-) TP

Yes...Only it wasn't a random occurrence.  Out of 100 test cuts of 2" circles, it failed 98 times.  I've had Mach installed on a number of various machines over the years and never seen this problem.  My guess is that it's one of those things that happens so infrequently that it's difficult to test for a software bug.
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 11:46:22 AM »
Looks like your stuck with having to reinstall Mach and/or windows, if it worked even once it could not be the carriage return thing.
Richard

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,200 9,200
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2011, 12:08:27 PM »
rrc1962,

The carriage return is necessary as the final line to get the M30 to rewind the code ready for the next run. Adding the % as the final line provides this.

I have run this code some 30 odd times now (till I got fed up) and not had a failure.

Incidentally what is the M1100 and M1101 supposed to do ?
What do you have in your M11, M1100 and M1101 macros ?

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2011, 12:19:15 PM »
Tweaky the problem lies with his computer and mach3. The code will run flawless on OTHER comnputers.  Mach still has a problem ocassionaly hanging on a macro call like  M3 M8 which are mainline Mach macros that have ran for years without problem. 

I still see it from time to time here opn a plasma machine  It will fail to start the M3 (plasma start) no errors no problems just fails to start. Go back and do a start from this line and it will start ok.

Sometimes it fails on the M30 macro. and the program does not finish it is left hanging on the next to the last line like is described here.

Just a thought, (;-)TP

Just a thought, (;-)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,200 9,200
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2011, 12:32:27 PM »
Thanks Terry - sometimes I live in a totally different world  :-\

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2011, 01:08:59 PM »
I have benn scouring the web and have found many things people have discovered about dealing with MACH3 and computors and how to correct some computor problems.

Pesonally I like your world, it is a VERY creative one  :-)

Yesterday I was reading an obscure site that had a discussion on Mach3 and multicore processors.  Some of it explained some prolbems I have seen with the way VB and MACH3 does code threading.

There are a LOT of mach3 computer fixes out there the problem is finding them.

I do know that modern ultra fast computers can drive you crazy with Mach3. Some do some don't.

Perhaps I should start gathering all that odd info up and publish it somewhere???

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,200 9,200
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2011, 01:23:02 PM »
Perhaps I should start gathering all that odd info up and publish it somewhere???

Brilliant idea Terry.

I doubt the VB problems will ever be solved because once I get something to run nicely when I update to the next version of Mach everything changes and it's back to the drawing board.  My main problem is with the little used commands (I suspect that it's only me that ever used them) such as E1P0/E1P1 etc - they used to work so well.

Sorry rrc1962 I am rambling.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2011, 02:17:38 PM »
OH the VB problem can be solved, I have asked around to people who DO know about such things. (;-) But it may take a major rewrite of the software to do it. AND I dought that that will happen. MAYBE MachV4 will have the answer. I think Brian has figured out that it takes a great deal of resources to do it as the Big Boys do it.

In reallity we have a great low cost product. The best part about Mach3 is it runs in windows and the worse part about Mach3 is it runs in windows (;-).

ALL the Big boys use a dedicated MB and processor(s) that they have perfected over years of developement.With windows there are 1000s of computer combinations that people try to use.

(;-)TP

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 02:20:08 PM by BR549 »
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2011, 04:35:15 PM »

Incidentally what is the M1100 and M1101 supposed to do ?
What do you have in your M11, M1100 and M1101 macros ?

M1100 initializes the THC and M1101 references the torch.  There is a carriage return there.  It just didn't come through when I pasted the code.
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2011, 05:04:31 PM »

In reallity we have a great low cost product. The best part about Mach3 is it runs in windows and the worse part about Mach3 is it runs in windows (;-).

Most, if not all, of the high end controllers out there are windows based.  The controller that Thermal dynamics sells for $20k+- runs on a Windows OS.  Not sure which one.  The biggest difference is that their version of windows is stripped down and customized for their application.