Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:17:36 AM

Author Topic: Mach3, Probe, and Digitize Wizard Issue  (Read 50447 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3, Probe, and Digitize Wizard Issue
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2011, 01:50:28 PM »
Really weird because your documentation clearly shows pin 16 as an output pin so EStop cannot work, yet it does ?

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2011, 02:10:15 PM »
Have you tried the auto setup for the pins??  Just select auto setup select the function(probe) and then make the switch work. IF it sees it it will assign it to that function.

Also look at the instructions at the bottom of the setup screen where it tells you WHAT pins you can use as inputs.

pins 10-13 &15 are the ONLY ONES you can use as inputs on PORT 1

Does your machine have a remote ESTOP button??  Does it actually work??? not just clicking on the screen button.

You say you can't get the probe to move? How are you trying to do it. G31 should run with or without the probe. It just won't stop untill it runs out.

OK something else WHAT profile are you running??

(;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2011, 02:13:30 PM »
Can you download the XML from the profile you are running?
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2011, 02:47:58 PM »
Thanks BR,

Let's see if I can get everything,

I have not tried auto setup, Probably try that next.

My controller has a physical Red estop button that brings everything to a halt (I don't know if that qualifies as a 'remote' estop), as does the estop button on the screen.

The probe is chucked into the collet of my router, when I hit Cycle Start, nothing moves and I get the DRO error.

I am running in Mill-P profile, using the xml file downloaded from the Mach Plugins page.

Tweakie,

Which pin should the estop be assigned to if not 16?

Here's Gecko pin documentation. Pos one corresponds to Pin 10, that's where one lead from the probe is attached. The other is attached to Pos 12.

Vic
vicrider
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2011, 11:22:34 PM »

I know I am a new user to Mach, but seriously folks, I have tried just about everything except purchasing a different CNC controller software (if there is one) and am fairly frustrated.  I am not a computer geek; I am a woodworker who is computer and mechanically literate.

I know some of you use Mach3 to digitize parts and create Gcode for copying, HOW do you do it????

I am now using a clean WinXP (how old is that?) computer with Mach3 Version R3.043.022 and the Mill-P profile. At least it has a parallel port (required by the Gecko G540 BOB, again, how old is that?). The probe is now communicating with the software (losing the LED helped). However, when using the Digitizing wizard, or the manual probe function in Mach, the software will produce Gcode, but upon 'initialize' the head will only move to the start point.  Then I get the following error 'Previous SEQ not yet complete', at which time the software locks up and does not produce a usable file. Every key stroke just iterates the error code.....

Has anyone got a clue about this error? I have searched this forum and found posts referencing this error that date back to 2008. Robotmar uses a different software, mostly in Italian and using metric values, and Vincent13 downgrades to Version 2.58 (which I do not see on the download page). I tried version 2.63 but it won't work either. Tristar500 got no answer at all in two different posts in 2009.

I have also looked at many posts regarding probes, digitize, and Wizards; I followed one poster's instructions to clean everything out of Windows, like Auto-Update, etc. No success. I have uninstalled and re-installed Mach several times, torn the controller apart, checked the BOB, cable, and ports with a multi-meter, changed and replaced everything I can find to instructions for.....

In reading this post http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,4352.0.html it seems the answer might be to buy Calypso's screen/function add-on software. Since this is fairly inexpensive, I would seriously consider purchasing it if I thought it would solve my issue. Does any one know if Calypso's MachStdMill software might solve my issue?

I much prefer Win7 but evidently Mach 3 is not compatible, even if Win7 is directed to run it as WinXP

Is this forum the best customer support Artsoft has?? I could use some real help. It feels like I have wasted a lot of time and money on something that doesn't work.

vicrider
vicrider

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2011, 12:20:30 AM »
OK from the top

Double check that the probe is set for port1 pin10.

Check the diagnostics page in MACH is the LED for the digitizer lit up or off, Change the active state in settings did it change states of the LED (YES)

Unplug the cable from the computer short pins 10 and 20 together, does the led in the diagnostics change state (YES)

IF not then you have a computer, LPT or setup problem.

IF it changes state then plug in the cable and unplug the other end. Short pins 10 and 20 together , did it changes states (yes)

If yes then hook your meter to teh port going it the gecko on pins 10 and 20, trip your probe did it change state(make the connection)  (YES)

unplug the probe and test the connection at that point did it change states? (YES)

SOMEWHERE along that line of testing iis your answer

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 12:23:05 AM by BR549 »
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2011, 12:53:40 AM »
Thanks, BR,

I will work thru this diagnostic first thing in the morning.

vic
vicrider
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2011, 05:27:13 PM »
I received excellent help from ScottN@machsupport.com in response to my email inquiry. I moved one probe wire from pin 12 to pin 10 (pos 3 on the Gecko), reset the Ports and Pins inputs configuration, and deleted the probe plugin from the Mach3 plugins folder.

Evidently, the probe.dll file hoses up the Mach3 probe function on my computer. After removing the plugin, I was able to set parameters in the Wizard and digitize a small wrench. I reported that I was getting some 'Probe ignore' errors during the process and he also directed me to set the Debounce up to 100 and work down until the errors returned, then jump up a little. I had read this in another post, but didn't know what it meant.

I also got an answer from David at Calypso stating that his aftermarket app would probably not help me. But I liked the look and feel of his app and may now purchase that.

I apologize if my post yesterday was a little testy, but my frustration level overwhelmed me.

I am a much happier camper today!  :D

Thanks everyone for their time and attention.

Now, On to work.

Vic
vicrider
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2011, 01:04:29 PM »

Hello Vic,

what software do you use for digitizing with your probe?
I have this one;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp0e9NqmbUI&feature=player_embedded

Under the Imperial screen from Hossmachine it would hardly move.
The screenset delivered with the digitizer did the same, hardly any movement. Certainly not as shown in the movie.

I am in contact with the seller and he will send me a pdf for user instructions.

But for now it works with the Hoss screen.

Thanks,

Jos
Holland
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2011, 05:22:59 PM »
Hi Jos,

I haven't gotten to the point cloud conversion software purchase yet. I have been trying to find one that I can afford (I'm kinda tapped out after buying the router and CAD software). I don't find many recommendations for that type of software on the CNC forums either.

Until I find a good digitizing software, I mean one that can translate a point cloud file into Gcode and that I can afford, I have been working from the other direction. That is, designing what I want in CAD and then creating G code from that. IMO none of it is very simple. There is more to learn than I thought necessary when I started, but that's true of anything worthwhile though.

Good luck on your search and, if you don't mind, please share your recommendations with the forum,

Vic
vicrider