Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:10:22 PM

Author Topic: Reset = E-stop?  (Read 19484 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Reset = E-stop?
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2011, 03:56:39 AM »
I think I deliberately called OEM 1021 from VB to do that. Even though I did that, what would you do if an E-Stop happened, dont see any way for you to correct that?
Hood
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2011, 03:58:44 AM »
The way it should work is when you hit E-Stop the machine goes into E-Stop, you then twist the knob to release it, then reset to clear error and it should carry on. Something tells me Mach doesn't work this way though.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2011, 04:00:09 AM »
One thing for you to try is Uncheck the watchdog on General Config page, that could be putting you into reset if it detects something not quite right with your computer, sometimes the watchdog can be a bit sensitive with some computers.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2011, 04:00:47 AM »
Ok but you dont have any way to press Machs Reset that I can see, ie DoOemButton (1021)
Hood
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2011, 04:09:03 AM »
It's definitely a problem on my notebook, after reinstalling I can't even get the default screen to go out of e-stop. No watchdog checked.

The problem with the mach "reset" is that it isn't really a reset, it's an e-stop. I have never used a system (pc included) that requires the pressing of a reset button twice to actually reset... reset should be distinguished  from E-stop they are not the same thing so basically I'm trying to see if it is possible via workarounds.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2011, 04:29:04 AM »
Reset as it is called in Mach disables everything similar to an E-Stop would in hardware. Not sure what you mean about needing to press it twice as only once is needed, unless you are meaning that yyou taking the real E-Stop switch off is pressing the Reset?

May be a way to monitor the E-Stop input signal to press Reset in the background by using the macropump.

Regards the laptop, likely you dont have the E-Stop configured in Ports and Pins but why pressing your Reset button puts Mach into Reset I have no idea as it doesnt here, again your xml may hold the clue to that.
Hood
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2011, 04:38:10 AM »
Thanks again Hood, the way reset "should" function is exactly according to the definition of the word, once pressed it should stop operation AND be ready to start again. Otherwise it's a "stop and hold" known as stop or e-stop. Mach has reset and e-stop sort of converged into the same thing, the first time you press it, it stops like an e-stop, the second time it resets.

« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2011, 04:39:23 AM »
Reset should not actually have to stop the spindle or turn off the water, but it should stop axis motion and rewind the program at the minimum, the thing is if you try and rewind mach with give you an error stating that you need to stop first.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2011, 05:09:34 AM »
Just different names I suppose, its the way Mach is, rename the button to what you want would be the answer, maybe just simply call it E-Stop.
Hood
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2011, 05:16:38 AM »
That's exactly what I am trying to do, it's rename to initialize, but I'm trying to recreate reset, seems like it does work I just need to try it on the other "clean" installation, since the notebook has so many other applications on I suppose I should refrain from testing on here.