Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 05:19:50 AM

Author Topic: Reset = E-stop?  (Read 19545 times)

Reset = E-stop?
« on: May 30, 2011, 10:00:53 AM »
Hi

Is there another way to reset, when I use OEM 1021 and click reset the message: "Estop button pressed" is there another OEM code that simply resets (program, error messages etc) without being tied to E-Stop?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Reset = E-stop?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 10:12:19 AM »
Clear will clear error messages, but reset is basically the same as E-Stop. What exactly are you wishing to do?
Hood
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 10:30:57 AM »
Thank you.
In a practical example, let's say I start a new program, find out somewhere half way through that it has a problem. Usually already in feedhold at this point, but single block is also possible or perhaps an alarm.
Pull the Flash card out, plug into notebook, load new program, put flash card back, press reset, program zero's machine anyway and it all starts again.

On an older lathe if I don't have a G28 in the beginning of the program then I would manually return it to home first.

From your post I assume the procedure would then be to "Clear error label" then followed by "Reload" and depending on other factors it would either home itself with the new program or require the user to manually home?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 10:36:31 AM »
Feedhold then Stop would be what I would do. Then if you want to close the code press close, if you want to rewind press rewind, if you want to load revised code then use load code etc.

No need to clear the error messages unless you really want to but to do that then clear is what you use.

One other thing I would say is according to the guys that write Mach it is best to run code from your computers hard drive rather than from a networked or flash card etc.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 10:55:17 AM »
Thanks again, sorry for the dumb questions but I'm new to the way Mach works, will Mach continue to run even if there are active error messages?

The idea is to try and reduce buttons as far as possible, for instance Stop, rewind, reload, clear messages etc all really are part of the same thing, namely, reset? So perhaps the solution would be to write a script that "STOPS" then "Clear message" then etc... Does Mach read the program every time the start button is pressed? I assume that since you "load" "close" and "reload" a program that it is cached?

The flash card was just an example of how I currently work (With my machine it's easier and quicker just to run straight off the flash).
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 11:00:10 AM »
Okay I see now, I added a cycle start button quick to check, mach3 locks the file, so to edit one would need to close it first?
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 11:28:32 AM »
And it also appears that "rewind" can function as "reset".

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 11:36:12 AM »
WHen running a file and you find a need to stop to correct something:

Hit feedhold and WAIT until Mach stops moving.  (important to maintain xyz positions) IF you hit stop BEFORE mach stops movement you will LOOSE position and will have to rehome

Then Hit STOP, this will clear any activity that MACH is holding for the current program.

Now if you wish to manually edit the Current program then use EDIT to acces the file. Save when done then Mach will reload it and you are ready to proceed.  You can restart from the beginning OR mid program if needed by use of run from here.

NOW IF you need to modify the current program Via CAD/CAM program then CLOSE the current file. This will aloow MACH to release the file so it can be opened elsewhere.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 11:43:55 AM »
Thank you BR549, that is exactly what I wanted to know!

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 08:22:36 AM »
I coded my reset button:

DoOEMButton(1003) (Stop)
DoOEMButton(172)   (Clear error)
DoOEMButton(1002) (Rewind)

Works great, when I hit it it stops the program, clears the error, rewinds. Then can't start the program again, when hitting start again timer starts running but that is it.