Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 09:01:39 AM

Author Topic: coordinate rotation  (Read 4863 times)

coordinate rotation
« on: November 30, 2006, 06:44:28 PM »
I'm new to the forum and hope I'm posting this in the correct place.

I have recently purchased a new bed mill at work. It has a centroid M400 controlwhich has a function called coordinate rotation.  This is centroid's description of the function.

"This option is made specifically for the machinist who is constantly breaking down and setting up new fixtures and vises. By simply touching off two points along the edge of your fixture, the control will automatically rotate the machine coordinate system to match your fixture/part saving you time and money. With CSR your vise,fixture or part does not have to be lined up with the machine, CSR eliminates aligning the vise with an indicator. CSR is very accurate. Job set in minutes. Both automatic (with the CENTROID DP-4 Probe) and manual touch off set up can be used." http://www.centroidcnc.com/cncvideo/videocsr.html

I have been amazed by this additional capability.  No longer are you spending aligning parts and fixtures with the tool.  You basically just bolted it down, touch off of it twice with the probe or edge finder in and run your program.  It has a very nice screen very similar to the touch off screen in Mach  that guides you through this procedure.  Is there some really smart person out there that would like to make this a function? It's one of those things that once you start using it you cant imagine how you did not have it before.

Dan