Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:19:34 PM

Author Topic: z home switch for toolchanger  (Read 9069 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: z home switch for toolchanger
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 06:05:54 PM »
Can you attach your xml please.
Hood
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 06:16:56 PM »
what is xml?   lol

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 06:21:21 PM »
the xml is the file that holds all your configuration settings. If you attach it I can load it and maybe see where your problem is.
The name of the xml will be the same as the profile you use so open Mach and look at the profile name (lower right of main page) then look in the Mach 3 folder for a file with that name and a xml extension.
Hood
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 07:13:15 PM »
help me................
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 08:00:37 PM »
wow, that took a long time to get thru

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 02:59:24 AM »
Just tried it here and it is working fine for me. Just to clarify, the LED on the diagnostics page for the Z home is off when the switch is inactive and On when it is pressed?
If thats the case then I have no idea why it is not working as said it works perfectly well here, ie Z moves until the switch is seen, reverses then stops and sets zero, the other axis because they dont have switches just zero right away.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 03:15:51 AM »
Actually I have found something strange about your xml, it does not seem to matter whether I have active High or Low for the Z Home, the LED only lights when activated. I do not know why this is, will keep looking to see if I can figure it out but possibly setting up a new xml from scratch would be the best idea.
Hood

EDIT

I have just tested with another standard XML and it seems to act the same which may be a Mach issue, can you try changing the active state to see if it works correctly, just be ready with the E-Stop in case it doesnt. I will see if I can find the issue, if not I will inform Brian and see if he can figure out where the issue is as it seems to be Mach at this stage.
What version of Mach are you using?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 03:18:18 AM by Hood »

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 07:47:15 AM »
Actually I have found something strange about your xml, it does not seem to matter whether I have active High or Low for the Z Home, the LED only lights when activated.

Isn't that how it's allways been and is meant to be? i.e. the LED shows whether the signal is active regardless of which logic you choose.

Ian

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 07:56:09 AM »
If you have a switch that is NC then active High is wanted and when the switch is closed you will not get the LED. If yo change to active Low then the LED on Diagnostics will be lit when the switch is closed and off when triggered.
Likewise because I was simulating there was nothing connected to the port so in effect Mach thinks the switch is open and the LED is lit but if I change the active state Mach should put out the LED.
Now the interesting thing, here at the workshop it works as expected but its an older version, will go try the newer versions and see.

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2011, 08:07:42 AM »
Interesting, here it is working as expected even with the Dev version, must be something up with the home computers port, will have to check it out tonight.
Hood