Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:26:54 AM

Author Topic: Probably a stupid question but.....  (Read 6098 times)

Probably a stupid question but.....
« on: May 16, 2011, 05:45:54 PM »
  I just had a computer issue and had to reload my Mach3 software.  I saved my Xml file and when i tried to reload it the file was corrupted or something so I had to freakin' start all over. Anyways, I got the machine working and reloaded all the previous information the hard way.  Everything is working again except one thing.  When I hit the jog keys on my keyboard(arrow keys)  I get rapid speed movement instead of the way it was with a slow speed movement based on the MPG percent of feed  setting. When I hit Shift jog it is also rapid speed.  I would like to have back my slow speed jog again and I am sure I fat fingered some setting somewhere but I cannot seem to find it. I should add that I downloaded the newest stable version of Mach3 from this website for the re-install.... Any ideas or suggestions?  Peace

Pete

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Probably a stupid question but.....
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 05:47:56 PM »
You want to press the Tab key then enter a % value you want in the Slow Jog Rate DRO rather than in the MPG one.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 06:01:57 PM »
Yeah man I did that but no matter what I do I get rapid speed when I press the arrow buttons. The MPG is set for 100 and the slow jog rate is set for 10 and it gives me 120 which is my current rapid speed...?  Peace

Pete

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 06:11:29 PM »
Can you attach your xml and I will see if I can find the issue.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 06:17:11 PM »
I can do that but the rest of the machine is functioning properly, I was thinking that there was some sort of setting I screwed up and that is what is making it not allow slow jog mode functions.... peace

Pete

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 06:18:55 PM »
If load your  xml I can test it here and if its not right here I will likely find the issue.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 06:39:45 PM »
Here ya go....
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 06:40:44 PM »
You'll have to obviously rename it because the forum already had a file of this name and I goofed it up renaming it sorry... peace

Pete

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 07:01:37 PM »
Have a look and see if your limits are active, if they are change the active state.
Hood
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 07:11:09 PM »
Not sure what you mean really..... I have the X and Y limits and homes working and the automated setup had them working rather quickly altho my Z limit is a different type of switch and I have not been able to get it working. It is only an Z++ switch and a homing switch at the same time as I used it before.    Are you saying that all the limits need to be active low or something like that?  I am using some optical limits.... peace

Pete