Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:23:34 AM

Author Topic: Probably a stupid question but.....  (Read 6097 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Probably a stupid question but.....
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 07:16:20 PM »
Ok look on the diagnostics page and see if the Limits are lit.
What I reckon is happening is because you have auto limit override set and your limits are active when you press reset you are overiding the limits. This sets the jog speed to the homing speed you have set in Homing and limits, which is 80%.
80% of 130mm/min is 104mm/min which is the jog speed showing for me no matter what the slow jog is set to, the slow jog is ignored in limit override mode as the Homing speed is used.

So yes if the limits show to be active on Diagnostics page you will need to change the active state of them in Ports and Pins Inputs page.
Hood
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 07:45:19 PM »
BINGO!!   Hood you are the man!!  they were lit and when I turned them off I get my slow rapids back.   I have changed my Z++ to be port 1 pin 15 since it is close on the board and it is a simple switch on the Z unlike the opticals on the X and Y. I still cannot seem to get it to work tho.  The switch does not work in the diagnostics no matter what I put into the inputs page.... Any ideas?   Thanks for all your help man as I was getting kinda lost there for a minute... peace

Pete
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 08:03:54 PM »
Nevermind.........I figured it out, I somehow managed to knock the little arm off the switch inside the housing I built for it in all the melee of redoing this thing for my limits and all.... Thanks very much Hood for your time. Peace

Pete

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 02:12:48 AM »
No problem :)
Hood