Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 05:14:03 AM

Author Topic: Simplify Screen button  (Read 11446 times)

Simplify Screen button
« on: November 27, 2006, 07:05:27 PM »
Recently I have been configuring a back up computer to run my machine and came across the "simplify screen" button on the lower left of the mach 3 main screen. I pressed this to see what it did and the screen went blank. Unfortunatly I have not figured out how to get the original screen back. Any help here would be appreciated. B. Ender

Offline chad

•  361 361
  • When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    • View Profile
Re: Simplify Screen button
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 07:34:10 PM »
Recently I have been configuring a back up computer to run my machine and came across the "simplify screen" button on the lower left of the mach 3 main screen. I pressed this to see what it did and the screen went blank. Unfortunatly I have not figured out how to get the original screen back. Any help here would be appreciated. B. Ender

Well I guess you simplified it !  ;D  What version are you running? I just looked at the one i have here 2.01 and i don't see the button?

Chad

Any one know what this variable is called in the xml?

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 07:39:31 PM »
Version R1.83.041
And its not really on the mach screen it is outside the the box  if you were to resize mach to be smaller than your monitor screen size.
 Hope this makes sense
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 07:41:39 PM by B. Ender »

ynneb

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 08:42:23 PM »
From memory I have seen this b4. I think it is an oversight from the person who made the screen to not have a back button.

Try loading another screen, then reload the original screen. I think it will default back to the original. This isnt a fix, just a get around for the moment.

Is the screen the original default screen that comes with Mach ? If so, I will ask Art to fix that problem.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 08:44:27 PM by ynneb »
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 10:07:32 PM »
Yes it is the original default screen

Hood

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 02:16:44 AM »
I did this a long time ago in Mach2 but cant really remember how to get it back, if the simplify button is still visible try pressing it again.
Hood

Hood

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 02:24:18 AM »
Justloaded Mach2 with the classic screen and it has the simplify button.  What you need to do is similar to Bennys solution, only thing is you can load the same screenset, you dont have to change to a different one.
Hood
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 07:55:38 AM »
I tried exiting out and reloading the same screen set but no go. A differant profile will work but the only way to get the original back is to clone itl using default settings.
 B. Ender

p.s. I'm using Mach3

Hood

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006, 04:02:12 PM »
Only reason I tried it with Mach2 is because that is the only screenset I have with the simplify button on it. Can you post the screenset here and I will see if I can find how to get back from a simplified screen.
Hood
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 08:36:43 AM »
First i must apologize for my ignorance of termanology. I thought screen sets were the same as profiles. I have a couple differant profiles and have no idea of how to create a new screen set so I have been using the default.

In order to view the simplify screen button you must adjust the monitor screen resolution high enough that the Mach screen is smaller than your viewable monitor area. This will allow you to see the button which is to the lower left outside the Mach screen. I am using a 17in monitor with a  screen resolution of 1152x864

B. Ender