Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:11:25 AM

Author Topic: How to change the DRO for RPM?  (Read 5621 times)

How to change the DRO for RPM?
« on: May 05, 2011, 05:37:23 PM »
I have a VFD with an encoder, and it has a 2 speed gear box (high/low). The problem I have is the RPM readout. I use a DSPMC from Vital Systems. In the plugin for the DSP it has a box for spindle encoder count. I have this set perfect for High gear, but when I switch to Low gear the count is off. It's only cosmetic, since the spindle spins at the speed it is commanded to, but is there a quick fix to fix this? Maybe with Brains?

Thanks,

Aero
Re: How to change the DRO for RPM?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 08:53:26 AM »
This should be possible using a switch or push button input or even a User DRO to set which formula you use to calculate rpm from your signal and writing it to the DRO.
If you watch the tutorial and have a play with the brain editor you should soon work it out. The brain viewer in Mach is handy for trouble shooting to watch the brain work in real time.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 08:50:32 AM »
Hi,

The best fix would be mount your encoder to the spindle output 1:1, normally the counts value is the number of encoder counts for 1 turn of the encoder.

Andrew
Andrew
MachMotion
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 06:37:44 PM »
I have a VFD with an encoder, and it has a 2 speed gear box (high/low). The problem I have is the RPM readout. I use a DSPMC from Vital Systems. In the plugin for the DSP it has a box for spindle encoder count. I have this set perfect for High gear, but when I switch to Low gear the count is off. It's only cosmetic, since the spindle spins at the speed it is commanded to, but is there a quick fix to fix this? Maybe with Brains?

Thanks,

Aero

If you set up the gears in the pulley selection dialog it will correct for the different.
It should be possible to connect a switch to the gear change mechanism and have Mach3 change the dros without have to manually go in and select the different "pulley"

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.