Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:17:45 AM

Author Topic: Recovering from hard drive crash THC300 settings  (Read 5784 times)

Offline jeremyrockjock

•  39 39
  • Why buy what you can build.
    • View Profile
Re: Recovering from hard drive crash THC300 settings
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 06:59:22 AM »
Yeah I understand the complication of helping with someone elses machine. However the machine itself is working fine. I just have no response from the THC300 which should be wired like any other one out there. Its supposed to be almost plug and play.
 Ian, I did not have the spindle relay function enabled but I enabled it and set it to output#1. I still have to response from the THC.  I reloaded my 2nd port driver last night and it says its working. Anything else to look for?

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 07:39:21 AM »
Ian, I did not have the spindle relay function enabled but I enabled it and set it to output#1. I still have to response from the THC.  I reloaded my 2nd port driver last night and it says its working. Anything else to look for?

OK but leave this enabled and set to output1 - because even when you find the problem the torch won't fire either from the button or from an M3 if you don't. It might say "Torch On" on the THC300 screen button but it's still a regular spindle start CW function (OEM 110) to Mach.

Switch to the diagnostics screen. What do you see happening to the output1 LED when you toggle the "spindle toggle" button?

Ian

Offline jeremyrockjock

•  39 39
  • Why buy what you can build.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 08:37:13 AM »
After setting the spindle relay enable I went back in the screen shots and double checked all the settings. I found a few things that did not match in gen config and changed them. I had to reset the kernal speed also. The torch is now firing. My next issue is that the the touchoff seems to be backwards. The touch comes down and slams into the metal and then fires and bumps up to the cut height. I need to play with it more to find out why . Thanks a ton for you help Ian.