Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:41:58 AM

Author Topic: Keygrabber still available? Or perhaps something else to use?  (Read 2462 times)

Did a quick Google search and I didn't find much of anything. Is this still available? If not, anyone have any good suggestions on software (or hardware) that can let me use switches or knobs to simulate key strokes? Looking at making a Fanuc style control panel for my router. I run a CNC for 12 hours a day at work, kinda want to see something similar when I play with the router, lol.

Basically what I am looking to do is: Start, Feed Hold, Op. Stop, Single Block. Also want: Feedrate and Spindle override knobs, Rapid override. And if possible, a knob that puts me into memory, edit, mdi, job, and then zero return. Very similar to an OEM CNC basically. Oh, and if that's not enough, I'd love a simple MPG. X,Y,Z, and resolutions of .01", .001", and .0001"
If it ain't broke, modify it!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Keygrabber still available? Or perhaps something else to use?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 07:34:16 PM »
Pokeys may be a good device to look at for I/O, it can be used as a keyboard emulator but it is also capable of real I/O and that is the method I would choose.

Having said that keygrabber is still available, think it should come with Mach, have a look in the Mach3 folder and see if its there, if not I can attach it.
Hood
Re: Keygrabber still available? Or perhaps something else to use?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 07:48:58 PM »
Lol, didn't even think of looking there. Yup, it's there
If it ain't broke, modify it!