Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:39:10 PM

Author Topic: 4th axis setup  (Read 35088 times)

Re: 4th axis setup
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2012, 09:53:51 PM »
Yes!

I know that the axis  do what the code says and it is similar to the convention. I wrote you with pics in Mail.
But if i change the the Port and pin config, only the axis dir change, not the displayed toolpath!!! The axis rotation is correct with RC Code, the RC Sim and the conventions!!

now. all the ,,Problem,, is the reverse toolpath shown in Mach. the axis rotary it´s ok.

Ger.  I changed and play with all the values (port and pins) in config !!!! I will get not any other constellation,

BR. try to put the code to mach and play with Port and pins, so you will see that only the turn dir change, not the path dir on Mach!

For the next example, if Mach accept all written code, it will be the same if have negative or positive values. the Toolpath have to follow in same dir.
RC give out everytime negative A Values in Standard Mill Operations (not indexing) and rotade cw!!! That is fixed in RC and is right to the conventions!!! I can´t change, cause i t is programmed and normal in RC !!!! Also i can´t edit the whole Code, cause by example my turbo wheel have more than 2000 lines with A values!!
 By the way, a lot of People use RC with MAch. 

BR. What do you think about axis way´s and tool way´s??????
 I try to explain, if the tool is fixed ( Z) ,....and the axis rotate cw, shows the moving tool ccw on a fixed axis.!!!!! Thats what Mach shows.
could it be the solution????

BR Rudi
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2012, 09:59:15 PM »
BR.  if you load the code in Mach, your screen shows like mine sended screen picture???

If you run the code, in witch dir the toolpath rotade on screen??? cw or ccw??

BR Rudi
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2012, 10:06:58 PM »
I will Post the code !  I hope its help.
Just a simple code without any magic things!  >:D

The RC Sim turn cw!! And the Code follows for A axis rotate cw!

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2012, 11:19:05 PM »
Standing in front of the machine the Top of A axis should move towards the BACK of the machine or  Y+ direction With a pos move(A+).

THe top of A axis should move towards you or in the Y- direction with a neg  move (A-)

AND that is what it does. WIth your code in NEG A the top moves toward the front of the machine or in the Y- direction.

(;-) TP

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2012, 06:18:52 AM »
Standing in front of the machine the Top of A axis should move towards the BACK of the machine or  Y+ direction With a pos move(A+).

I believe that description is wrong.   But that is the difficulty of such descriptions.  They can be easily misunderstood.

Hence the Right Hand Rule.   Here is another type of visual representation of the Right Hand Rule.

Greolt
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 06:21:28 AM by Greolt »
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2012, 06:46:35 AM »
Yes Greolt!!!

Thats what i want tell. I try in this time to make a picture that shows the situation now.

Greo.   I was take your rules some days ago and try to recalculate the right way of dir,..... with the following solution.

Its the same code from RC to Mach Screen to Workpiece.

so. in the result that mach shows!!! the reverse Dir, but rotate the workpiece right.

( Or it will show ,,only,,  the toolpath and there are maybe normal to show reverse )

BR Rudi

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2012, 04:36:33 PM »
(;-) LOOK at it again, We are talking which way the "toolbit" travels . NOT the stock.

IF you look at a kneemill the table travels BACKWARDS to the way the toolbit moves on the stock yet the toolbit is what sets the direction of the axis.

How I described is ALSO how MACH3 does it "HERE". That is WHY I described it as I did.

(;-) TP

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2012, 05:25:55 PM »
OK I'll leave it with you Terry.  ;)

Greolt
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2012, 08:14:43 AM »
BR and Greolt....

it seems  we  talk about the same thing in different ways.  ;)
i try to exlain the way of tool and axis in the last post.
maybe my message is hard to understand, so sorry for my english. 8)

before i was confused about the different rotary direction from RC between standard and increment rotary operations
and also the displayed screen in Mach. before i thought  the mach screen have to displayed in the same direction.

After checking the conventions i have  figured out,  the PP of RC  have wrong values.
(The direction in standard ops. was cw and the increm. ops was ccw.)  ???

Now the situation is written in last post.
It seems to be ok that the Mach screen shows revers (tool way) like the description of kneemill.
It look strange, but it seems to be ok.

if someone have another opinion, please tell.!!

i have to tell thank you for your help.

Best regards
Rudi

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2012, 09:47:27 AM »
RUDI I do not know of any way to change the MACH3 toolpathing.  IF you want the toolpath to match the RC you must change RC.

IF you want to ignore the MACH3 tolpathing and want the RC to MATCH the AXIS direction then switch the direct of the axis  so it follows RC and you ignore MACH3 toolpathing.

Your choice, (;-) TP