Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:22:32 PM

Author Topic: newbie home question  (Read 7263 times)

newbie home question
« on: March 08, 2011, 08:48:00 PM »
whats going on guys i guess ill introduce myself first, my names chris, i have some cnc background (nothing major I am only 21 so i have a little over a year experience). I have worked on haas milling machines, leblond makino milling machines and work daily on a lumonics cnc laser...

anyways the reason why I am here is because my uncle recently purchased a romaxx cnc router and the mach3 software..
i will definately be utilizing this forum as i am confused with a few things..
first off is, when i try to home the machine out, it doesnt recognize the software limits and attempts to overtravel into the next room lol. i have played around with the different limits to try and get the machine to function but it does not seem to home properly..

now before that is answered i will say that at one point the machine did home (according to another guy who attempted to run the machine) and now that we have the machine back in our possession it has been difficult to say the least..

sorry for the silly question i feel pretty stupid i cant home it out lol

also when manually jogging, left and right jog x, and up and down jog y respectively. my question is how do you jog the z axis? holding shift and control seem to rapid and slow the feed down..whats the trick to the z?

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: newbie home question
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 08:56:43 PM »
Z is Page Up/Page Down.
But all the jogging key assignments can be changed using Config menu, Hotkeys.

Sounds like you need to set up your home switches properly in Config > ports and pins, and also in Config > Homing/Limits.

How do you have everything setup?
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 08:58:36 PM »
thats a good question, i was playing around with the inputs (the x- x+ xhome switches etc) but honestly im not really sure what im doing with all of that..as for the homing and limits im not sure what they are on as im not with the router at the moment

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 02:52:12 AM »
Can you attach the xml for the profile you are using and also what is the model of router?
Hood
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 10:10:19 AM »
Oh ok cool I didn't think to try the page up/down and I'm not sure how to share the xml...would it be somewhere in the mach3 folder?

andrewm

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 10:19:56 AM »
Its found in the top most folder of mach3(C:\Mach3) If your not sure what its called just look in mach3 at the lower right corner in the profile box.
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 09:25:57 PM »
its too big to fit in here lol
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 10:34:08 PM »
The XML is your Mach configuration file. It is located in the main Mach3 folder and will have the name of the profile you are using. For example, if you are using the standard Mill profile it will be called Mach3Mill.xml.
You will need to rename it for the forum to accept it. Copy it to your desktop and rename it, something like YOUR_NAME.xml then use the additional options button on the reply page to browse to it and attach it to your reply.
It's not very big at all.
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 04:57:41 PM »
ooh ok i misunderstood that whole thing...here it is

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 06:15:13 PM »
You dont have any of the limits or homes enabled. You have a port and  pins set for them but you have not enabled them.
Hood