Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:31:42 AM

Author Topic: Multiple Tools of Different Heights  (Read 7574 times)

Re: Multiple Tools of Different Heights
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 12:01:09 AM »
Russ,
Thanks for the kind words!
If you're reading the release version manual (v1.0.2) it will cover all the TLO and Work Coordinate stuff.
If you're interested in MSM itself, you may want to grab the beta version (currently v1.0.2.d49) manual as it covers some major extensions that are under test for the probing functions (I find it easier easier to read a manual once than to look for the changes later).

Dave

That's really some manual there Dave ... Great job ?
I need to take the time to go through it completely.
Very nice screen set also.
Regards,
Russ
Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 12:05:56 AM »
I certainly will Dave,
Thanks !
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 06:55:01 AM »
Dave and Russ,
WOW! I am really impressed with both of you and how quickly and I think how well you have explained the issue and solution. Now I have to put that into practice.
I use machinable wax when I am trying out something new like this to minimize the damage. I can't wait to try it out and I hope you don't mind if I have even more questions after that.
Dave, I now see how silly my question was about asking if you knew anyone who uses the MSM software. I went to the website, read everything and downloaded the manual.
I am sure that if it doesn't over complicate my understanding of Mach3 that I will be purchasing your software. You were very modest in your approach to suggesting the manual. The software and
concepts does all the selling that is needed. My only hesitation is that I have for awhile now been trying to understand Mach3 and I hope MSM isn't another learning curve, but I'm prettysure I will be buying
a license.
Does the pro version (I read the differences) have more capabilities that I may want or easier or is it really just for someone making a living out of this? Sorry, but I'm not sure about the differences between
the two.
Thanks again.
Rick
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 12:03:09 PM »
Rick,
I'll try to give the highlights here and suggest that for a more detailed discussion, that you drop over to the MSM user forum at CalypsoVentures.Proboards.com - I monitor the MSM forum so tend to respond quickest to messages that are posted there - while I scan these forums when I have time - so a new post here may or may not come immediately to my attention.

As the MSM author, I'm a bit biased - I think mach is easier to learn if one starts with MSM (that was one of MSM's design goals).  Since MSM lays out the functionality that Mach offers with a logical, work flow driven user interface design and MSM provides extensive user documentation, many find it easier to learn. OTOH if one already knows Mach to the level that the standard mach screens are second nature, then MSM will appear "different" - to some that's good, to others that's bothersome.

The best suggestion I can make is to try the MSM software and decide for yourself how you like it. One reason there's  a free trial is that there's just no substitute for hands on use to understand a software package.

Re the difference between editions:
The Personal edition supports all the functionality which Mach itself provides. So if you are happy with mach "as it comes out of the box" then the personal edition will not limit you.
The Professional edition adds the functionality that MSM provides and hence extends what mach does. Two significant extensions are the Probing facilities (any operations that requires a 3d probe or a touch plate requires the pro edition) and Tool/WC Table extensions (the ability to save Tool and WC tables to disk and reload them later).

No need to let picking between the editions be a source of stress - you can upgrade personal to pro at any time.   

Dave

Does the pro version (I read the differences) have more capabilities that I may want or easier or is it really just for someone making a living out of this? Sorry, but I'm not sure about the differences between
the two.
Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com