Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 05:26:01 AM

Author Topic: Homing Trouble  (Read 2706 times)

Homing Trouble
« on: February 20, 2011, 01:15:20 AM »
I am having difficulty with homing.  When "Ref all" is hit the Z homes normally......hitting the switch and backing off.  The Y hits the switch and triggers a "limit switch active" message.  I have all my homing/limit switches wired in series to pin 10 active low.  The Y and X were homing corrctly until I added the switch for the Z axis.  I disable homing on the Y and th X is doing the same thing......hitting the switch and locking up the machine.  I have the auto limitoverride on.  What in the wide world of sports is going wrong?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Homing Trouble
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 03:06:50 AM »
Try a debounce interval of 2000, if that helps then either your switches are not the best and bouncing or you are needing to shield the wiring properly.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 08:57:03 AM »
Fixed!  Thank you Hood for the good information.  My machine is now working with a debounce of zero.  I suppose that running the limit switch wiring within the same wire chase and and wire loom as the stepper motors made for a neat installation appearance-wise but was electronically sloppy.
Bob

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 09:08:38 AM »
Yes thats the best way, dont like using debounce myself as it means there is a problem with the wiring and I hate that ;D

Hood