Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:20:10 PM

Author Topic: Tool offsets and long delays vs Work offsets - help  (Read 14808 times)

Offline rcaffin

•  1,052 1,052
    • View Profile
Re: Tool offsets and long delays vs Work offsets - help
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 04:05:14 PM »
Just loaded 042.040 and its still fine, so look at screenset, brains and plugins to see if there is something there that could be the issue.

Stock screenset - 1024.lset
No added brains
Stock plugins, as delivered.
I don't think the macro-pump has been enabled either, but I will check.

I am using the SmoothStepper on my system - are you?

Cheers

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 04:08:12 PM »
I wasnt because your xml was for the parallel port I think. I can test with the SS and your xml though as I have a spare SS here. All my machines have the SS on them and it doesnt happen with them.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2011, 04:15:36 PM »
Just tried with a SS and again its working fine, tool 2 does its thing with the 5 second delay as it starts then tool 3 is loaded but no dealy at all, just loads t303 offsets and off it goes, cant think why your not getting that.
Hood

Offline rcaffin

•  1,052 1,052
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 04:19:11 PM »
Just tried with a SS and again its working fine, tool 2 does its thing with the 5 second delay as it starts then tool 3 is loaded but no dealy at all, just loads t303 offsets and off it goes, cant think why your not getting that.

Hi Hood
Yes - I used the XML from my simulation machine as the other ('real') one is not on the net.
All very strange. I will play some more, and report back, but I wonder whether ArtSoft has any thoughts on the matter?

Cheers

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2011, 04:42:14 PM »
Do you get the delay on the simulation machine? Can you grab the xml from the actual machine and post that and I will test it here to see if its different.
Hood

Offline rcaffin

•  1,052 1,052
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2011, 04:50:52 PM »
Do you get the delay on the simulation machine? Can you grab the xml from the actual machine and post that and I will test it here to see if its different.
Hood

Going out to check over everything yet again. Be back in a little while.
In the meantime, thanks very much for your testing: it gives me some hope that the problem should (!) be solvable.  :-)

Cheers

Offline rcaffin

•  1,052 1,052
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2011, 05:33:51 PM »
Hi Hood

Attached is a zip file containing the current real Turn XML, a documented test program, the latest ConfCheck.txt output (all clean) and SS_messages.txt just in case.
The test program shows where the spindles stops: after every tool change command IF it had been spinning. When the spindle stops the Dwell Active LED comes on for the standard time. If the spindle was not spinning when the T command is issued then there is no delay.

Beats me!

Cheers
Roger

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2011, 06:27:43 PM »
Well it took me a while to work out why I couldnt seem to run any code then it sunk in, you use Programme Lockout so I had to set the active state of Input 1.
Anyway onece I got it working it ran fine, no dwell except at the start and no spindle stop until the end. It must be something in the macros that is affecting things as I have just tested with the standard M3 and M6 macros.
I have just taken a screen capture video of it and will upload to YouTube to let you see it running fine here.
Hood

Offline rcaffin

•  1,052 1,052
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2011, 06:34:01 PM »
Hi Hood

Oh, I believe you! No need for videos!

But it definitely is not the M3 macro, and I doubt it is the M6 macro  itself, as both are absolutely stock.

I am going to investigate the program lockout bit. I do not know whether it is relevant or not, but I do know there is a slightly strange and hacked 3rd-party interface deep within the machine - and I have had a few problems with it before.

Cheers

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2011, 06:37:29 PM »
It could be that I suppose as maybe the toolchange for some reason activates Input 1 for a split second which would then shut off your spindle. Just go to General Config and disable it and see if it helps.
Hood