Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:08:27 AM

Author Topic: Help For a Frozen Northerner...Mach3 Won't Talk  (Read 8690 times)

Re: Help For a Frozen Northerner...Mach3 Won't Talk
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2006, 02:45:19 PM »
 All of my limits and home switches are working in that they light up the screen LED's when they are activated. I have all 6 limits OP'd together, so if one trips, they all trip. This is set to active high, as the trigering of the switches opens the ground and allows just under 5V to go to the pin. The home switches each have their own pin, and they also are set at active high for the same reason....triggering the switch sends the pin to 5V. I still have 3 yellow screen LED's lit up on the diagnostics screen with the pseudo DB25 style layout (talking with Brett last night, this may be a feature of the newest download only). I need to find out why the computer (or controller) is considering the top 3 LH pins as engaged. I went to school with Brian Barker, and he lives right down the road, so I've promised him some fine ale if he can come over and straighten me out...

Spence

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2006, 03:02:05 PM »
Hey Spence, you didn't tell me you lived near heaven. Brian is ALLMOST a god. ;D
You are in good hands.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2006, 03:36:51 PM »
No Doubt !!!   ::)

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2006, 03:50:03 PM »
Hi, Spence

It just doesn't get any better than that, HU ! !.

Thank's Chip
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2006, 06:35:27 AM »
 Well...it all came together last night. It was great to see Brian again, and he whipped me into shape in a hurry. We found TONS of noise in my controller cabinet with his oscilliscope which is causing lots of ghost signals...so I need to work on re-wiring a few parts of the box. After it was decided that some serious measures were needed on that end, we temporarily disabled the limits and homes and went to town having fun with the control of the machine. Holy Crap. The old Bridgeport was doing things that they never intended when she was buit...and at a speed which would have broken a finger if it got in the way of the flailing hand wheels. All I can say is "I have seen the light"...Muchos Gracias to my old friend Brian for all of the help and inspiration.

Spence
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2006, 09:07:14 AM »
I think I can get Spence fixed up :) He lives about 15min down the road and I went to collage with him .... So I went over and gave him a hand getting the mill up and running. He did a GREAT job getting the mill converted to a CNC mill! I think he should make kits for others to convert there mills  8)

It is a small world!
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com