Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:33:07 AM

Author Topic: Mach3Turn Offsets?  (Read 42289 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3Turn Offsets?
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2011, 02:16:17 PM »
Yes but secret is when you make a change dont save it, use save as instead, that way if you screw up you still have the original. I have about 30 different ones for my lathe LOL, it took quite a while to get it working with front and rear turrets and even yet its not perfect as for a boring bar on the front turret I need to tell the cam its on the rear and for a front turret  turning tool for some strange reason the Cam needs to be told its aproaching from the rear.
 I have given up messing with things for the moment as I am sure this has a bit to do with the way Mach handles front/rear tools and Brian is reworking things so maybe in about 20 or 30 years time we will have a new updated Mach3Turn to play with ;D
Hood

Offline Leeway

•  149 149
    • View Profile
    • LeeWay Workshop, LLC
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2011, 02:23:43 PM »
That is also why I keep several older versions of Mach on file in my backup drive.

I could tell just by the way that you named the files, that you have had experience doing so. :)
Lee

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2011, 02:26:07 PM »
Yep, my latest one is called
AlmostFingThereButItWillHave2Do.ppr ;D
Hood
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2013, 10:07:30 AM »
I am setting Mach3turn for the fist time on my mini lathe. I can use one tool fine, but when I set the offsets with the tool table page, the only offset registering is the last one I do. Can someone advise me. I would like to set all my tools from machine zero. Do I have to enter in the offsets manually on the offset page. Mach3mill is so much easier with Z offsets and multiple tooling everything is set from Z machine zero for your reference heights. and you leave X and Y alone so you can program G54 and up. At work, my Fanuc controls on the lathes reference every tool from machine zero when you teach in X and Z.
Has anyone had success with Mach3turn and multiple tools. If so, how did you do it. Thanks for any help and advise.
Martyondrums ???

Offline Leeway

•  149 149
    • View Profile
    • LeeWay Workshop, LLC
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2013, 10:19:57 AM »
When you do your touch offs after the initial Zero tool, you must make sure that the tool you are now touching off is up and listed in the DRO.
Insure the proper tool number is there and do the touch off thing and Mach will automatically load that offset for you in the tool table.
Be sure to save the tool table when you close Mach.
Lee

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2013, 10:28:56 AM »
Heres a vid I did of one way to set up tools, I now have limits on the wee lathe so will have to do another showing the method I use with homes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWnfioI3G0E
Hood
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 10:30:57 AM by Hood »
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2013, 10:48:34 AM »
I believe that is what I was doing. I noticed that when I try to change tool numbers in the upper left DRO I sometimes had to click two or three times before it would except the number I was entering. And sometimes I had to exit out of the tool table page and go to manual page and then out and back into the tool table page before I could enter a number. All in all, after placing the diameter value and the Z value in the lower DRO's I would check the offset page by selecting edit and the offsets would still be zero. Could there be a glitch in my software copy? Maybe I should reisnstall it. What version is recommended?
Martyondrums

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2013, 10:52:14 AM »
I think that may be a problem with the version you are using, is it 066 or 067? I had similar issues with these versions and Turn so went back to 057.
Brian was told but doesnt look like he bothering, probably would be different if it was issues with Mill.
Hood
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2013, 11:31:13 AM »
I believe I am using 066. I will check tonight and download 057 today to reload it. I have mill on a differant computer so it won't interfere with the older version. I watched the video HoodScotland. Is this you? Anyway, maybe I an doing the touch offs wrong. I will try this method first to see if that is my problem. Thanks,
Martyondrums

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2013, 05:11:12 PM »
maybe in about 20 or 30 years time we will have a new updated Mach3Turn

A new version of lathe, devoid of all problems and loaded with functionality, will be available in a week or so. :)
I would also like to mention that I have a bridge for sale that spans the ocean of your choice. :D
Feel free to request information at the front desk. ???

RICH