Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 03:51:41 AM

Author Topic: Mach3Turn Offsets?  (Read 42464 times)

Re: Mach3Turn Offsets?
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2011, 01:00:35 AM »
Hi all I had this kind of problem with gang tooling.  what worked for me was a different fixture offset for each tool position. + tool offsets for each tool

Worked good for me.

Roy :)

Offline Leeway

•  149 149
    • View Profile
    • LeeWay Workshop, LLC
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2011, 05:39:38 AM »
Ahh. Fixtures. That is something that I haven't toyed with. That may actually solve the dro jumping to a negative of the tool offset and then traveling back to zero to cut at the offset. That is the only thing I didn't like about it. I couldn't watch the DRO's and adjust my code accordingly.
I can't get Dolphin to produce code that I can use.
It must be tuned up by hand.

Since all my tools are on a gang setup, there is no need for basic parts to have a tool change.
I ignore tool change in M3T for these parts. DT puts a spindle stop M5 in at each tool.
Then at each tool, it goes to safe Z and then back to zero using a G28. No idea how that gets in there. ;)

Since all three tools are not at zero in Z, they cannot travel in X at zero to the offsets. They have to do traveling at Z1. I need single axis moves instead of both.
I am wondering if Exact Stop might help there?

Something Odd that M3T is doing too with G83.
The first deep drill cycle I use works great.
After the first part is parted, the second deep drill cycle is doing stuff it shouldn't. Like initially plunging to new cut depth at full rapid. That's okay, but then it will G01 back to zero, then rapid back a few times until if finally starts to do the deep drill cycle like it should. I'll try to get a video of it.

I did find the zip file on here concerning this and did install the files in the correct folder, but not getting different results yet.

I still have a lot to learn about both M3T and DT, but I am producing parts again. :)
Lee

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2011, 03:37:06 PM »
Yes, hated that spindle start stop crap in Dolphin as well, so I removed it :) Now the spindle will only stop if it is to reverse or at the end of the code :)
In Dolphin you can have a Go To move and as  you can see in the attach pic you can specify if you want one axis to move first, can have incremental moves etc etc.
G83 doesnt work for me in Turn, thats why I set Dolphin up to do it long hand rather than canned.
Still not sure why you guys with Gang tools have problems with the Tooltables but as long as you find a way to work that suits yourself thats all that matters.

Hood

Offline Leeway

•  149 149
    • View Profile
    • LeeWay Workshop, LLC
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2011, 04:08:11 PM »
I just started using that goto thing. It works great, but it doesn't remove unwanted moves. It still does those. Not a big deal to edit the code though for this dozen or so bushings it does mainly. It only takes maybe a minute or two to set them right.

My issue has been that my drills are in the negative Z. Just a hair, but still in the -.0147" and -.0324". This means you cannot move to the X offsets until you are at like Z.0325". I use Z1.0"

It always has the X moves first in Dolphin, so a little mod here and there and viola.
I guess I will resort to doing the deep drills long hand as well.
Once done, thats it.

Then I will turn some darn profiles. Like chess pieces and things. That was my reasoning behind doing this stuff now anyway. ;)
If feels pretty good to have tackled it and set it up to be able to do cad drawing in a proper turning format.
I shot a video earlier, but it looked bad and sounded worse. I was way too close to the action. ;)
I'll do another and get it posted up soon.
Thanks.

Lee

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2011, 04:16:28 PM »
You would I imagine be able to alter the post processor so that it doesnt do a X move when it goes to the toolchange position. I have already changed mine so that it looks to see which turret is being used and it will go to that turrets toolchange position, previously it was goin to the toolchange position of the next tool. If that was the other turret then it would be a disaster as tools would smash into the work.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2011, 04:44:18 PM »
Try this PP. I have altered it so that hopefully it will ignore any values set in the X toolchange box and just go to Z Toolchange position when you call a new tool.
I am unable to test it as my dongle is at the workshop so make sure you look thoroughly at the code before you try and run it.

BTW I presume you are setting a toolchange position like in the pic? Well not like in the pic but I am meaning you are entering a value for the toolchange position arent you?

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2011, 04:54:21 PM »
Oh I forgot to remove the M5 from the toolchange section, if the above is working and you want the spindle to keep going when changing a tool then let me know and I will alter it.
Hood

Offline Leeway

•  149 149
    • View Profile
    • LeeWay Workshop, LLC
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2011, 05:47:56 PM »
Tried that one and it had about 25 post processor errors. Tried it twice.

Here is where I set tool change.
Lee

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2011, 05:50:52 PM »
Ok probably have a syntax error, will have a quick look biut if I cant find it I will have to wait until I have my dongle here so I can see where its going wrong.

BTW you can also set the toolchange position amongst others by clicking on the lathe pic at the right, well thast if you have the screen set up that way.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2011, 05:54:11 PM »
Ok try this.
Hood