Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:38:45 AM

Author Topic: Wiring Limit & Home Switch  (Read 21973 times)

Re: Wiring Limit & Home Switch
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2011, 10:06:59 AM »
all in series 2 inputs pin11 and Ground and the shield grounded at AC Green

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2011, 08:41:48 PM »
ok all my Limit / Home Switches are installed and I have 4 cables coming into my control station as per schematic on page one of this thread. I also have the 4 cables from my 4 motors and therefore I have a total of 8 cables coming into my control station and each cable has a shield.

My question is: do I connect all shields together from all 8 cables and go to the ground or only the shields from the motors or only the shields from the Limit / Home switches.

Thanks
Nicolas
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2011, 09:47:56 PM »
All 8 shields go to ground

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2011, 10:17:20 PM »
Sounds good my friend, thanks
Nicolas

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2011, 04:23:30 PM »
I finish all wiring and connected all shields to the ground. I have configured the input pins as per attached pictures and it was very impressive for me to see the Y / A axes squaring by Mach3. First it hit the limit on the A and then the Y advance by about 1/8” and it stopped.

However the X and Z did not go to the home position. Perhaps I should change the minus limit switch on the X and Z to Home and put 0 on the minus?

Another question I have is how Mach knows how big my table is? I have input in the Homing Limits screen the Soft Max / Min but lets say if all axes are in the middle of the table and I hit the Ref All Home button Mach will move all axes to the minus direction until it hits the limit switch on each one but that doesn’t mean Mach knows the table size. So what is the purpose of inputting the table size on the Homing Limits screen?
Nicolas

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2011, 04:59:25 PM »
You do not have X and Z home switches set up so they will not home ;) All that will happen is Mach will set machine zero for X and Z in the position they are sitting at when you press the Ref All button.

When you reference the machine that sets the machine zero coordinates and because of that Mach knows you are at the machine zero position and thus knows the size of table due to the numbers you have entered into Homing and limits.

If your home is at a position other than X and Y fully negative and Z fully positive then you will need to enter a Home off value so that Mach knows how far it is away from machine zero when homed.
Hood

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2011, 06:31:18 PM »
Very good Hood, thanks
Nicolas

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2011, 07:45:53 AM »
I don’t really understand the Homing of the Z axis

I’m reading the .PDF document from RICH “Homing a Mill without Limit Switches”

On this document the Z=0 is 0.25” and Z= minus 2.5” I will assume this is when the head is plunged 2.5” below the table surface. On the Homing / Limits screen he has for the Z axis Soft Max = 0.00 and Soft Min = -2.25

Assuming that I will use the same numbers as above, when I hit the button “Ref All Home” will the Z axis move to -2.25” or 0.25” ?

And why?
Nicolas

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2011, 08:14:48 AM »
Assuming that I will use the same numbers as above, when I hit the button “Ref All Home” will the Z axis move to -2.25” or 0.25” ?

And why?

That Sir is an absolutely brilliant question of which I have no idea of the answer without actually trying it. I am concerned about the Z= minus 2.5 part though, is that correct ?

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2011, 08:23:48 AM »
Nicolas