Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 07:53:19 PM

Author Topic: Pimp my Lcam  (Read 16014 times)

Pimp my Lcam
« on: November 14, 2006, 07:35:36 PM »
So LCam is on the chopping block :) It is getting taken down and redone to simplify the code in it.. We are in hopes that this will make for a better base code that we can build on.

SO please post any bugs that you like but know that changes they are a coming  8)

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline Psad

•  82 82
    • View Profile
Re: Pimp my Lcam
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 10:25:10 AM »
In the past I've asked that conversion from machined hole to drill be put on a separate layer.

I see that everyone wants the cut reorder

How about adding offset start by a specific amount not usign the mouse.  Moving with a mouse is not as accurate.  Example.  Move to Min xy materail ( working now) then add button to apply a specific numeric offset to position file point for a  fixture.  I prefer offest in LC as to MACH3 (maybe just me)

Thanks for all your hard work

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,673 2,673
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 11:29:14 AM »
How about LATHE.

Graham.

Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 10:30:31 AM »
Brian;

Please don't dismantle LCAM before you change the code.  Yes, I have had some problems with it (my fault sometimes), but in its defense, I have been able to work through and design one-off parts I am making.  As bad as some people seem to think it is, I have benefited greatly from its convenience.

Bob @ BobsShop - cussing and cutting
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 10:11:54 PM »
It is just about rebuilt :) Art cut a part for a motor mount and used it to drill holes too :)  Comp was fixed (again)...

There are many things that were done to make the program more stable and I hope it works better for all.

Lathe on the other hand is not as simple as it sounds :( I need to write a bit of code to get that all working... Art and I talked and it looks like after Lcam is done and working we are going to move on to hardware plugins and some way to run a toolchanger that will make it so you don't need to know VB or C++  :o

There is one other project after that as well but that one is "skunk works" stuff ;)

Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 11:22:09 AM »
Brian, just downloaded the newest version of Mach 3 (2.0.010) and LCAM 2.66 - When using the previous version of LCAm (it also carried the 2.66 designation, but there are changes in this version).  Noted some differences - I like being able to add layer numbers - nice feature.

But, two nits - No matter how I configure LCAM - it will not automatically call for two layers on its own.  It is only calling for one layer - I have to manually designate the outside layer as number two -  As I said the ability to do this manually is a good addition.

Second, When I post the G-Code, either LCAm or Mach3 is not recognizing tool changes.  The previous version would enable me to change tool numbers that would be carried over into the G-Code.  I hope this is something you can put back in.

Thanks for all your past efforts.  All of you working on this software have made my cnc experience a real learning experience and a delightful (most of the time) journey.

Bob @ BobsShop -

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 11:01:32 AM »
You can set how that layers are made by changing the optimize settings. after you load the file press the optimize button and  you should be good to go:)

The tool change has been fixed along with the Drilling :)

thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2006, 11:30:36 AM »
Hi, BobsShop

Your second Question , It's there look at the bottom of Layer/Object Properties, move that window up or scroll down to Tool Number,

Click on it, set it, don't forget to hit the Enter Key.

Don't forget to check each layer at top and re verify the tool number for each layer before Post.

Hope this Helps, Chip
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2006, 01:22:15 PM »
Chip,

Thanks for the response.  Although I was pretty sure I was doing what you suggested, I started from scratch.  Reloaded Mach3, shut down the computer and re-booted, and reinstalled.  Made sure my Tool file was in the Mach3 folder, and ran Mach3 and LCAM fresh.

Same problem (I made sure I had used the "Enter," key to lock in tool changes and that the layers in LCAM reflected the tools I had selected), regenerated the G-code with the same results.  No tool data was included with the new code.  Frustrating. 

Any additional insights will be appreciated.  Thanks again

Bob @ BobsShop - reverting to previous versions for the present.
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2006, 03:17:11 PM »
I will up the Rev number on the next revision and we will know that it is updated :)

www.machsupport.com