Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 12:17:16 AM

Author Topic: Mach 3 and CorelDRAW.  (Read 24683 times)

Re: Mach 3 and CorelDRAW.
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 01:13:57 PM »
I may, but lately I have been using ViaCad more and more.  I may need to look into another 3d Cad though.  I am starting to run into the limitations of ViaCad.   For most 2D stuff I design it right in CamBam anymore.  Some stuff it doesn't do well, but it makes arcs and lines just fine.  You can even do 2d work and rotate it in 3D to some extent. 

Hi Bob,

I've never checked the accuracy, but if you go to Tools/Options/Workspace/Edit you can change the precision.

If you check it out let us know if it really makes a difference.
Re: Mach 3 and CorelDRAW.
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2011, 01:23:41 AM »
I have been using Corel Draw X3 for creating all drawings. And like others here, discovered that Corel's DXF export is pretty much useless. However, I have discovered that exporting the drawing as a HPGL *.PLT file will preserve the proper scale, and makes it possible to load the file into LazyCAM for toolpath creation. Just use LazyCAM's Open Vector File, and scroll down to choose the HPGL.PLT format. I too tried the trial DXF tool software, but after discovering that Corel Draw already had the capability I needed, opted to just export as *.PLT files. The important thing to pay attention to, when creating your drawings is to use the Snap feature, and some experimentation is needed in LazyCAM's tolerance settings to join lines into a single entity when cutting pockets, or profiles. All of this "Work-Around" has made my decision to purchase a dedicated CAD/CAM (BobCAD/CAM v24) and the related learning curve involved as soon as I could afford the price. Am just now starting to learn BobCAD/CAM, but I have already come to realize, that it all depends on what you are trying to do. So the future looks as though it will continually involve the use of multiple programs to achieve a given project. I built a 4-axis CNC Router table, and (depending on the job), create toolpaths by using Corel DRAW, WoodGears, CNC Wrapper, and now BobCAD/CAM. Vectric's Aspire software looks promising as a single program to do it all, but is simply not within my means (yet). -Just my 2 cents worth