Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:34:59 AM

Author Topic: Plasma Z floating head  (Read 39097 times)

Re: Plasma Z floating head
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2011, 01:42:43 AM »
I'm using the Mach blue screen set, and on the right side of the screen there's a Z plate offset, I'm thinking of modifing the code of that Z plate offset.
When Z plate offset is pressed, the Z axis lower down and stop when switch is tripped, and from here I want to add some code so that it raise to 13.7mm then fire torch, woul'd anyone be kind enough to provide this code for me?

thx
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 08:41:27 AM »
I have a DRO on screen for the pierce height which is somthing that is usually handled by Sheetcam.  You'll have to tweak the code to fit your application.  You can add a DRO for pierce height or you can just hard code it in the Macro.
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2018, 11:03:35 PM »
hello...i built my own cnc plasma table and i bouch mach 4 since its all new n ********* so i was like hey ********* it im down....in with the new out with the old right? the down side though is the majority of all the plasma post processors on sheetcam dont really help out much or dont read the instruction correctly. i built a floating head, "touch and go", auto touch off doohickey on my zaxis where my torch is mounted and its all bad ass n ********* right, but its freaking useless...the only one that works right is the "mach 3 plasma" post but whats the point. none of the post processors seem to work with mach 4 and ive tried to rescript the lua scripts in sheetcam and ive even corrected a few post errors which are not consistent with mach 4 but it still doesn't give me the functions i need.....everytime my torch moves it cuts on the traverses and ive read some mach 4 language is very different than the mach 3. i just want the damn auto touch off feature reference which utilizes the g28.1 z0 code to work so i can cut bigger ********* on my 4x8 table and im losing my mind here...anyone have some experience with this subject or can help?
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2018, 02:40:41 AM »
I use mach 4 plasma with a torch touch . I use the vitalsystems arch pro screen that works with the hilcon controller.  you can down load the arch pro screen and check it out . torch hight is all dun in the screen . and the settings for torch touch.  the post processor I use in sheet cam is the mach 3 plasma . I also have one written buy sheet cam for an engraver using the marker not to fire the torch  it all works good no problems 
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2018, 11:51:51 PM »
is there anyway the lua script in the post processor "mach 3 thc with scribe" in sheetcam can be edited in order for the touch off function to work ?.......will the vitalsystems arch pro screen work with my machine if i have a warp nine smooth stepper?
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2018, 12:31:44 AM »
Hi,

the lua script in the post processor

Lua is the scripting language of Mach4. A post processor is software associated with your CAM program.

There is no such thing as a Mach4 post processor, but rather a post processor that works with your CAM
program to produce Gcode. The Gcode to be of use must be Mach compatible.

To my knowledge no CAM manufacturer uses Lua to write their post's therefore there is no Lua script in a post
processor.

i just want the damn auto touch off feature reference which utilizes the g28.1 z0 code to work so i can cut bigge

To my knowledge G28.1 has no role in Auto Touch Off......are you confusing G31?.....G31 is used for probing
which is very much related to Auto Touch Off.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Online TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2018, 02:32:57 AM »
here something what a simple search in the Forum showed:

You can set it up one of two ways using the G28.1 method OR use the G31 method.

With the G28.1 method you set up your floating head as the Z home and have it  home toward the bed. Then the Cam that you use must generate the following type code.

N0120 G28.1 Z0.50
N0130 G92 Z0.0
N0140 G00 Z0.1370
N0150 G92 Z0.0
N0160 G00 Z0.2000

With the G31 method you setup the floating head as a Probe then you cam must generate code like

N0120 G31 Z -100 F19.685
N0130 G92 Z-0.0800
N0140 G00 X5.5505 Y9.8813
N0150 Z0.0000

Hope that helps, (;-) TP

anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2018, 02:37:56 AM »
thank you for clearing that up big joe!
in sheetcam there are some post processors which you can set the type of reference you want....either g31 or g28.1. i had my eyes set on using the g28.1 type but none of the post work for me since these are all for mach 3. is there no other way i can use these feature so i can put my floating head to work in order for it to reference its self before every cut? is the only option that vytalsystems arch pro screen? or is there any way someone can maybe tweak the post processors which have been written for mach 3 in order to be compatible with mach 4? and if so what would be the best approach in order to do so?

and another question for jcoldon......is the feature im seeking in that vytalsystems screen?......can i buy and use that screen and that reference feature even though i dont have a proma torch height control at the moment? ( i will be buying one soon tho)

thanks guuys

Online TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2018, 02:44:05 AM »
i assume that you fire up the torch via M3 command.

so you can modify M3 macro code to do the Floating head procedure.

i am not familar with LUA coding of Mach4, so somebody else must
guide you, if you want to go this road.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2018, 02:48:26 AM »
correct tps dude, i saw that as well.....but thats all for mach 3 and its talking about the post processors which are functions that generate the gcode depending on how you set it up when you click "edit post" in sheetcam. but since im using mach 4 its not really working out so well.......