Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:44:38 AM

Author Topic: Spindle speed not changing until overide button pressed  (Read 11526 times)

Offline tmead

•  62 62
    • View Profile
Re: Spindle speed not changing until overide button pressed
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 04:56:25 PM »
Hi TP,

no brains, (and that's just me !) but there is a macropump that updates some user DROs. Definitley not anything to do with the spindle.

The issue is always there, as soon as the machien is turned on and the axes refernced, I've tried using the MDI with an M3 S400 command, and nothing happens until the overide buton is pressed. Same as the issue that occurs when the M3 is issued by the VB from button.

Tim

Tim

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 06:24:48 PM »
The only thing running when Mach first starts up is the macropump and Brains . I have looked at your macropump it is NOT a simple macropump. ALSO check for duplicate DROs THAT can cause the same problem..

I have looked BACK throught the old trouble notes and those 2 things were the only things I ever saw that could cause what you see.

Might want to use Mach Screen and double check for duplicate DROs

DID your old machine do the same process?? If so then try that setup on the new machine.

(;-) TP

« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 06:27:40 PM by BR549 »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 06:47:48 PM »
After you getmach upand running what screen do you end up at that you can do the MDI testing???

Offline tmead

•  62 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 09:01:33 AM »
We're using our own screenset, as attached.

The first screen (Page 1) runs a simple script when the image button is pressed that references all axes and then sorts out a few variables. It then opens page 2, which should use a sensor to determine the position of the clamps as diifferent sizes of material can be used. the third screen allows the user to enter a particular mix of orders and start the cutting. this is the only script place that starts teh simpndle.
there are MDIs on pages 2,3,4 and 5.

Tim

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 01:24:02 PM »
OK once you start the program cutting, HOW are you trying to adjust the Sspeed. I do not see anywhere you have the SSO function on screen.

(;-) TP

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 01:56:53 PM »
Terry I think he said FRO in the first post which would make things even weirder and thats why I thought maybe no FRO on queue may have had something to do with it.

Hood

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 02:29:56 PM »
I believe he will have to comb through ALL the VB code to find the  problem (;-)  In my opinion a total VB controlled motion control is NOT the ideal setup. BUT that is just my opinion. MACH as a Gcode controller is very dependable.  ADD in VB and it gets very computer dependant on timings.

IT could be that having the entire control running from VB prevent some Gcode interactions?? I have seen stranger things.

BUT so far I hold at a duplicate DRO or a peice of udating code in a loop.

Hope that helps, (;-) TP

Offline tmead

•  62 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 10:05:48 AM »
My apologies - I've read the OP again, and I did slip up and write feedrate override, rather than spindle override.

There are spindle override buttons on the bottom of page 2 I believe (can't open the screenset from here). I orignially identified the issue by switching to the 1024 screenset and using the buttons there.
I have the same issue when entering the M3 S400 command in the 1024 screeenset, which is not running anythign else in the background. Yes, my code does organise some motion, but even without the code doing anything, or using a screenset that has minimal code it still doesn't work. I will have a go at turning off the macropump in the general config, and then starting and stopping the spindle and changing speed from the 1024 screenset, just to check that there is no strange interaction there.

I'll try opening in Mach Screen and looing through for duplicate DROs, is there an easy way to do this ? I'm not quite sure what you mean, as there are two versions of one user DRO on a page, one as a readout and one as a slider.

Tim
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 11:19:36 AM »
I'll try opening in Mach Screen and looking through for duplicate DROs, is there an easy way to do this ? I'm not quite sure what you mean, as there are two versions of one user DRO on a page, one as a readout and one as a slider.

Open MachScreen select view from the menu bar select overview

You can sort on a function etc make the tables wider etc

Phil
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable

Offline tmead

•  62 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 05:59:13 PM »
There are only three occasions where a DRO appears twice on one page, and those are the X, Y and Z position DROs.

They are also on an unused screen (17) that was used temporarily for some layout work and trialing.

No access to the machine at present, so testing the presence/absence of the macropump will have to wait.

Tim