Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:34:21 AM

Author Topic: Is this the real deal or just a cracked warez product?  (Read 5627 times)

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
Re: Is this the real deal or just a cracked warez product?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 10:19:08 AM »
I would say due to the price, this line "If you need other specific type of CNC CAD / CAM software program, message me with the name." and "ITEM IS A COPY" in his feedback.  I would steer clear.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 10:21:13 AM by DaOne »

scottn

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 10:36:42 AM »
He's selling a CD with version 2.63 and a pirated (Papa Fabio) license.  We have had his auctions shut down repeatedly (for over a month), but he just puts another one up the next day.  In the grand scheme, seeing as that version is many, many years old and the license does not work with anything newer, it's not worth banging our head against that wall...

scott
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 10:48:25 AM »
Thanks guys, I'm nowhere near needing my software yet, still playing with the nuts and bolts in Alibre design but when I am I'll get a real licenced version :)

Happy New Year

Graham

andrewm

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 10:52:56 AM »
I'm surprised you cant just get his IP banned from eBay, they generally don't put up with that sort of nonsense.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 03:01:45 AM »
I'm surprised you cant just get his IP banned from eBay, they generally don't put up with that sort of nonsense.

Both Scott and I have reported this and similar pirated software listings to eBay on many occasions and they really could not care less.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 05:44:44 PM »
Hi,
it seems to me that as others have pointed out that the software is a copy and probably useless. What I've seen of these el-cheapo
Chinese machines is that the BoB, stepper drivers and spindle drive electronics are very poor as well. The DC spindle supplied has rubber
mounted bearings and is not rigid enuf for accurate work.

What you need to consider 'is the price acceptable if I have to replace the electronics and get a genuine Mach3 licence and do I require
a better spindle?'  Five hundred odd pounds for a modest collection of screws and rails? I think there are better deals than that around!!

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'