Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:34:14 AM

Author Topic: .m3p file  (Read 5075 times)

.m3p file
« on: December 28, 2010, 03:04:17 PM »
Hi,

stupid question coming:-

A year ago, I got my machine working ( mach3, ncPOD), mothballed it for months, and forgot everything I learned setting it up the first time...

At the moment, the ncpod plug in doesn't work. There is a plug in on the mach site, which I've downloaded, and want to use. I think this went some way to solving the problem last time. It's a .m3p file! I have no idea at all what to do with it. Frustrated, can't remember. Looked in the mach 3 mill documentation, found nothing...

Can anyone tell me what to do with an .m3p file?

Thanks...

Rich B

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: .m3p file
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 03:08:54 PM »
Double clicking it should install it automatically to the plugins folder, if it doesnt then you can either reinstall Mach which should reset the file association or you could just change the file extension to .dll and place it in the plugins folder manually.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 03:29:09 PM »
Thanks, Hood,

Okay, did the first one, restarted pc, restarted mach (pod plugged in and switched on),

Despite seeing 'Deskpod-ncPOD-plugin-3.00.--A.Fenerty-B-I'' 'in the motion control hardware sensed!' dialogue at start of mach, I'm still only seeing 'nc~POD v2.00.059 config' in the dropdown under 'plugin control', plus an ominously empty config box... (see attached)

Still no response from motors or DRO's while jogging, and it won't run gcode that will run (although not on the machine itself, obviously) when I have the parallel port driver selected.  I seem to remember something automatically appeared there last time I did all this... I know I had same problems a year ago, forgot to write down what I did.

Rich B
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 03:31:22 PM »
by "I seem to remember something automatically appeared there last time I did all this I mean in the config box, sorry.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 03:43:15 PM »
I have no experience with the pod I am afraid :( Possibly a post in that part of the forum may get you some help.
Hood

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 05:10:12 PM »
I don't know anything about NCPod either, but do you need to go to Config/Plugin Config and turn it on, or put a green check by it first, and did you?

Tom
--
Tom
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 05:51:34 PM »
Yes, I ticked the box next to the plugin, like you said.... I know I solved this problem last time, I just wish I remembered how.