Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 08:22:25 AM

Author Topic: Input Triggers  (Read 2597 times)

Input Triggers
« on: December 22, 2010, 10:59:57 AM »
Can input triggers be used to light LED's.  I have a bunch of status bit's coming in over the modbus and I want to map them to inputs in ports and pins, but there are only 4 INPUTS.  I tried setting up a trigger 1 to port0 pin 3 and then mapped the trigger to code 1050, which is an LED, but it didn't work.  The same thing mapped to one of the 4 inputs does work.  Any thoughts?

Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Input Triggers
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 11:04:56 AM »
Should work if you use a Brain to look at the trigger and then have pass signal (maybe invert) and then the LED as the output.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 11:06:20 AM »
Actually just read the modbus input direct in the brain and it will save you setting up the trigger.
Hood
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 11:21:36 AM »
That's what I've been doing but it has been unreliable.  See my post in the brains forum.  Everything works fine when the modbus inputs are mapped to pins in ports and pins. 
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 11:57:14 AM »
What I had was one brain with about 20 or so rungs doing input and output.  I separated it into two brains based on function.  Now I have a brain that reads inputs and one that sends outputs.  It seems to be working now, but I'd love to know why it didn't work before.  Worked well yesterday, then this morning things headed south. 

I'd still like to map the inputs directly to pins.  Response time seems to be faster when it's done that way vs setting the LED's in a brain.  We need 15 or 20 more inputs in ports and pins. :)