Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:29:18 AM

Author Topic: Light Machines lathe  (Read 10675 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Light Machines lathe
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 05:13:13 PM »
We need info on the drives which are inside the controller box. Do you now have any info on them?
If not, can you take some pictures of the inside of the controller?
RICH
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2010, 11:09:03 PM »
I have 9 pictures of the controller box but I don't know how to list them on here. It appears that it is just a transformer, a breidge rectifier, a large circuit board, an input from computer (from propriatary PC board), machine outputs (one for lathe, one for mill, one for spindle & one for robot) & a bunch of external fuse holders. If someone can give me an e-mail address to send them to, I'll e-mail the pictures. The pictures are all about 2mb each. I think considering I paid around $350 for this box, i'd be better off selling it to someone who has the PC card but a dead controller & just purchase the GEKO system. There's a guy listing them (Geko) on e-bay that has the whole 9 yards in one package for around $400. I tried to build a new PC to run this thing. I got it all togeather & can't get it to work. With as much as I hate computers, I don't know why I started into a computer centric project.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2010, 06:42:25 AM »
Resize the pics so they are smaller, then to post them, click the Preview button and then click Additional Options.
You can use the Browse button for selecting what you want to attach.
RICH

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2010, 07:34:34 PM »
pictures - first 4
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2010, 07:39:01 PM »
pictures - second 4

In all reality, this controller would be good for someone who already has the PC card but the controller box is bad. I think I would rather keep it whole & sell it to someone who needs it & just purchase the GEKO system. The first person who offers me $350 or more gets it. I just need to figure out what the replacement would be in my case.
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2010, 06:46:24 PM »
Well, I purchased a 2 axis controller/driver set from XYdrive Automation & in the meantime I placed the Spectralight controller on e-bay. A couple of days after placing the old controller on e-bay someone sent me a message that they have created a diagram for an addapter cable that allows me to hook the old spectralight controller to the PC parallel ports. I mad the addapter & connected everything. I soon relized the there is a crap load of cinfiguration settings in MACH3 turn of which I haven't a clue about. Is there somewhere I can look for an instruction manual so I can stop being clueless?
What would be cool is if there were someone in Northern Delaware that could come by & see if I have this thing configured right or if I have everything all messed up.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2010, 02:46:51 AM »
There is the manual for Turn if you go to the documentation from the support tab above.

What is it you are not sure about?
Hood