Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:01:31 AM

Author Topic: Changing DRO readout  (Read 4423 times)

Changing DRO readout
« on: November 05, 2006, 03:54:18 PM »
I have moved my controls to the other side of my machine. All movement matches my keyboard arrow keys but when I move to the right the DRO reads lower numbers and not higher numbers.
How can I change this without changing the movement direction?

Thanks,
Troy

Hood

Re: Changing DRO readout
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 04:02:43 PM »
You can change the hotkeys for the axis travel, should find it under config menu.
Hood

Hood

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 04:12:04 PM »
Ahhhhh just re read your post and I see now what you are meaning, changing the hotkeys wont do what you want :(  Not sure if there is a way to do that.

Hood

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 05:04:19 PM »
When using a CNC mill you have to imagine the tool is moving not the table,  this way the right hand rule works.

Right hand rule is

+
     | /+
     |/__+

Thumb pointing right
First finger pointing away from you
Second finger pointing up

These are all your Plus directions

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 08:59:34 PM »
Hummmmm...

I have given Great thought to this new setup and here is what I would like to do.

First, Before I moved my machine... I had my keyboard sitting parallel with the X axis. Meaning if I pressed the Up key the X axis went in the plus direction. Left arrow and the Y axis went in the plus direction.

I don't want to mess things up so I am asking before I make any changes. I am thinking I can make the changes in the software.
(As a side note I am slaving the X and A axis)

Here is what I now want to do....
I want to sit at the keyboard and face my machine. If I press the Up arrow I want a Y+ movement. If I press the right arrow key I want a X + movement.
Doing this right now I get a X - with the Up arrow and a Y- with a right arrow key.

I need to swap the X and Y controls. (Remember I am slaving X and A for my X axis)

How should I do this?

Sorry for changing things on those that have offered help.

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 10:08:39 PM »
Hmm,  My machine is et up exactly as you describe but I idn't have to do anything special to get there.  Why couldn't you just go to the Config screen for ports & pins and reverse/play around with the pin #'s for your X & Y axis until you get what you want?

HTH,
Sid

Hood

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 02:30:02 AM »
If you are wanting to swap the keys about just do like I said earlier, config menu then hotkeys, choose the X++ and then press the key you wish to operate it etc etc
Hood
Re: Changing DRO readout ( Problem Solved Thanks!!! )
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 07:22:25 AM »
Thanks HOOD! That worked perfect! I knew it would be something very simple!!! (It took just less than 30 seconds using a total of 7 clicks and 4 key strokes to change the arrow keys around)

Thanks also to all the folks that took the time to view my question and offer help!

"MACH ON"