Hello Guest it is April 25, 2019, 08:49:54 PM

Author Topic: Changing DRO readout  (Read 3266 times)

Changing DRO readout
« on: November 05, 2006, 03:54:18 PM »
I have moved my controls to the other side of my machine. All movement matches my keyboard arrow keys but when I move to the right the DRO reads lower numbers and not higher numbers.
How can I change this without changing the movement direction?

Thanks,
Troy

Hood

Re: Changing DRO readout
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 04:02:43 PM »
You can change the hotkeys for the axis travel, should find it under config menu.
Hood

Hood

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 04:12:04 PM »
Ahhhhh just re read your post and I see now what you are meaning, changing the hotkeys wont do what you want :(  Not sure if there is a way to do that.

Hood

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  1,851 1,851
  • West Yorkshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 05:04:19 PM »
When using a CNC mill you have to imagine the tool is moving not the table,  this way the right hand rule works.

Right hand rule is

+
     | /+
     |/__+

Thumb pointing right
First finger pointing away from you
Second finger pointing up

These are all your Plus directions

Graham.
America gave us powered flight, England the steam train and Germany the car.  Who invented the first boat?
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 08:59:34 PM »
Hummmmm...

I have given Great thought to this new setup and here is what I would like to do.

First, Before I moved my machine... I had my keyboard sitting parallel with the X axis. Meaning if I pressed the Up key the X axis went in the plus direction. Left arrow and the Y axis went in the plus direction.

I don't want to mess things up so I am asking before I make any changes. I am thinking I can make the changes in the software.
(As a side note I am slaving the X and A axis)

Here is what I now want to do....
I want to sit at the keyboard and face my machine. If I press the Up arrow I want a Y+ movement. If I press the right arrow key I want a X + movement.
Doing this right now I get a X - with the Up arrow and a Y- with a right arrow key.

I need to swap the X and Y controls. (Remember I am slaving X and A for my X axis)

How should I do this?

Sorry for changing things on those that have offered help.

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 10:08:39 PM »
Hmm,  My machine is et up exactly as you describe but I idn't have to do anything special to get there.  Why couldn't you just go to the Config screen for ports & pins and reverse/play around with the pin #'s for your X & Y axis until you get what you want?

HTH,
Sid

Hood

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 02:30:02 AM »
If you are wanting to swap the keys about just do like I said earlier, config menu then hotkeys, choose the X++ and then press the key you wish to operate it etc etc
Hood
Re: Changing DRO readout ( Problem Solved Thanks!!! )
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 07:22:25 AM »
Thanks HOOD! That worked perfect! I knew it would be something very simple!!! (It took just less than 30 seconds using a total of 7 clicks and 4 key strokes to change the arrow keys around)

Thanks also to all the folks that took the time to view my question and offer help!

"MACH ON"